Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. hypezone

Hypezone ALL GAMES

The Hypezone channels for PUBG and Fortnite are very cool for discovery of new streamers. I'm sure we can expect to see more of these hypezone channels for more games as they're released. What if there was a more general Hypezone channel for all of the games that are not encompassed in the specialty Hypezone channels? Games like Sea of Thieves, Halo 5, GTA V, etc. This would allow people who aren't focused on the mainstream games to find streamers who have a similar mindset. Thanks for considering!

Check out my channel at mixer.com/ChickenPossible

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Spotlight Streams

I think Mixer could promote all streamers on the front page by having a spotlight stream section which has 5 channels.

Like Hypezone these channels cycle streamers 24/7 and have an allocated run time of 30mins, that's 240 stream channels promoted to the front page per day over the 5 channels. This lets viewers find different streamers playing games some viewers wouldn't normally look for.

This idea wouldn't change hypezone or the featured channels but would sit with these and promote everyone.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make language filter a permanent account setting

I love the new 3/13/18 option to filter by language, however this setting is not permanent and must be selected every time or if you return home.

I would like to see this be a permanent account setting. I only speak one language, I have no interest in seeing results from other languages and would like this filter to be permanent and follow me on all my devices.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Regional streamers showcase

Twitch has for a few years had a regional promotion program whereby any can apply to be showcased for an entire week in a specific region. This works great on the front page as you can see who in your timezone is streaming and you can start to find, connect and support streamers who are in your area.

Mixer should implement a region first system outside of the rising stars tab. Make it application based so those who are serious about being streamers will apply and Mixer can assess each person based on merit and fit with the platforms values.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I'm not interested in this game... category

Lately, Mixer has been the bastion of game streams for both Player Unknown's Battle Grounds (PUBG), and Fortnite Battle Royale, with lots of viewers going to many of these streams.

However, I personally find those two games boring as all ****, and in my opinion, the actual EXISTANCE of the two hypezone channels for both of those games in my opinion proves my point, as they focus on end-game play.

Anyway, my request and suggestion is as follows;

Can we PLEASE have an option so that we can say for each game (e.g. PUBG, Fortnite), that allows Mixer to remember…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Have HypeBot announce in chat when a streamer gets featured

Currently it seems that the only way to know if you're featured is by having someone come in saying they saw you on the front page. If HypeBot could announce it in the streamer's chat, it could really help them know and leverage the situation better. Also, perhaps a Constellation event could be created and triggered so that we could have the option to handle this ourselves with our own bots should we have HypeBot disabled in our stream settings.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. promote people who have few followers

I really wish that mixer would promote us that have very few followers or views instead of just pushing the big main mixer broadcasters, they have views and followers a lot they don't need the coverage you should promote more of the smaller channels that way we grow and in turn so does mixer.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Favourite Genre(or game)/Teams

for example “Art” is a growing community of mixer but is always really far down on the list (especially on mobile) if i could favourite Art as a whole i could see all people streaming in that smaller community.

This also goes for discovering new people in that genre. Following Teams so if anyone in that team goes live would also give the option of discovering New Streamers in a genre you like

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. NOT filter - omit certain games or criteria

Sometimes I find myself looking for new streams to watch, however there are certain games I am just not in the mood to watch.
    It would be nice to be able to still browse the main feed of channels, but to omit certain games, or perhaps audience ratings, etc. (via filters)

Currently you have to ignore said games while scrolling the main list, or hop from specific game to specific game.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Have Follower Filter

Have an optional filter where you can input a set of minimum followers or channels with under a certain amount of followers, E.G Under 500 etc.
    As we all know it can be hard to grow on a site like this and this could benefit all users to not only gain more of a following but to get discovered.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Exclusive section for mobile games.

I think it would be interesting a section exclusively for mobile games that are being broadcast, currently it is very difficult to discover them, and also I do not see a great effort from other platforms in relation to this would be an interesting niche to explore, mobile games are in continuous growth, even more this year we have several weightlifting like Arena of Valor, Paladins Strike and Vainglory, is a good opportunity for the Mixer.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. featured

I love that practically anyone can eventually get on the featured section. But I feel like it needs to be more diverse. The same game should not be featured on the Featured section. As of now, it's full of nothing but PUBG. This would allow other streamers to be featured and provide more diversity.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Compatibilidad con la pizarra interactiva en Windows10

Windows 10 tiene una opcion exelente para streaming con mixer.
    Usando las teclas Windows+G.

Me parece que podrian explotar eso aun mas si añaden la posibilidad de editar los botones de la pizarra interactiva.

Desde agregar imágenes, sonidos, gif, vídeos, que se ejecuten en la transmisión con los botones de la pizarra, o crear efectos.
    hasta crear códigos mas personalizados para tus partidas.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Recommend Mixer Channels of Twitter Friends

As you can already link/connect your Twitter account, let's take it a step further by checking against the list of Twitter accounts you follow and if they have a Mixer account.

If new people you follow on Twitter or users once you connect Twitter have a Mixer account, a notification would come up that "You follow @Warblade on Twitter, want to follow their Mixer channel?"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Finding New Streamers

Hi Guys As a new streamer to Mixer I find it next or near impossible to find my stream. Would it be possible to search for streams via stream title as of the moment I can only find my stream searching by my username and searching by the game I am streaming returns no results. How is anyone starting out expected to get any passing traffic.
    from reading other posts on the forum I believe having zero viewers is affecting the visibility of my stream is anyone else having these issues or is it just myself. But to sum things…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I want to accumulate Microsoft Rewards Points using Mixer

For those of you unaware, you can earn Microsoft Rewards points for various activities like searching for stuff on Bing, buying items from the Microsoft store, etc.

The points earned can be used towards cool stuff like buying a month of Xbox Gold or Live. You can enter contests for xboxes, or computers.

I would love to see integration of this into Mixer. Searching for Mixer users, Searching for Games on Mixer. Watching Mixer streamers, or Streaming to Mixer could all accumulate points and draw more attention to the platform.

Rewarding our viewers with tangible points that can lead to…

113 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add an option to be able to follow Gamrs as well as just broadcasters . it's the only option i miss from Twitch.

Give us the option to also follow our favorite games instead of just broadcasters. It's the only option I miss from Twitch

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Mute the front Stream on the main Page

Mute the front Stream on the main Page

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. rising star - smarter algorithm or catered content

Currently it seems as though the rising star section is new users with 0 followers. It would be nice if there was more behind this, like some basic criteria for example, something in the About Me section, a nondefault picture, maybe even smarter than this like a certain percentage of growth within a certain time, or streaming frequency. Also using it to highlight games with less viewers could be good.

I know this type of algorithm and potential machine learning can take a bit to perfect so in the mean time maybe some catered content goes in there. You have…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Special event themed

Would Love This For a Example Like When we had The Eclipse it Was The Right Time for it

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base