Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Streams That Are Featured For 5 Min or Less To Be Featured Again Within The Week

Hey Mixer Fam!

I love the new "Featured" algorithm that allows more variety of streamers to be featured on the front page of Mixer.

My understanding of the new algorithm is that it limits the number of times you can be featured per week to one (1).

I'd like to suggest a modification to this algorithm. Here is the scenario:

Billy is streaming, doing his thing, when he starts to notice new names in his chat - a lot of new names. Then one of them says:

"FRONT PAGE HYPU!"

This is Billy's first time being featured! He's really excited!…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. HypeZone needs Rocket League!

Rocket League is definitely a hot candidate for the HypeZone. Maybe the remaining playtime can trigger the algorithm. Most matches get pretty intense in the last 20-30 seconds. Especially when both teams have the same amount of goals. Sometimes this leads also in an extra overtime.

In my opinion the HypeZone needs fast games like Rocket League to keep on the action. This would make the HypeZone quite more fun to watch.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Display Offline Streamers Hosting

Hosting is only relative on Mixer when you have viewers in your channel. Of your followed offline streamers there's no place to view a list who's being hosted by the streamers you follow.

There currently isn't any accessible way to see if streamers you follow are hosting anyone; as it requires viewers to go directly to the streamer's stream first - but when they're offline it doesn't show in a section anywhere that they're hosting.

Comparatively, on Twitch: hosted streamers is very accessible, as it's clearly laid out in a subsection of Following/Live.

TLDR; Display a list of followed offline…

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. magic feature

When will the feature to follow games will come ? Every time i come on this streaming platform, i'm seeing only pubg and fortnite streamers and i'm getting sick of this because i'm not fully able to personalize the content i'm watching. The idea is ...when i type mixer. com on that search bar and the page loads, i want to see the games i'm following and the channels i'm following not what's popular or trending etc . The things i don't want to see can be on another section but firstly i want to see my personalized tab with…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Up and Coming Sorting

"Up and Coming" currently is sorted based on the Date of Account creation across all accounts currently streaming with 5 or more viewers according to a reply to me by Matt ( https://twitter.com/Domin0e/status/985887552908472320 ). I feel that this could improved on - My account is suuuuper old but never really saw much in terms of actually streaming. Most of the follows I have now are fellow casters I know from Twitch who have come to Mixer to test the waters. Even if I was going to get above 5 Viewers, my chances of being high up the list are basically…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Help with exposure for new streamers

I absolutely love the idea of having HypeZone's for PUBG and Fortnite and also how all streamers can get randomly featured now each day however I still feel more can be done for not only new streamers but also people who have been streaming a while but are still low especially when they are playing a game other than Fortnite or PUBG. Maybe something like a variety hypezone for different games would be ideal to help the smaller streamers get that extra exposure. It can be very discouraging when streaming and playing a game you enjoy and you seem to…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. #hashtag

#hashtags. Searchable hashtag system, so if people wanted to have #speedrunners or #nintendo or #glassblowing then it would help with discovery and exploration of the site without expanding gaming categories to an excessive level.

Twitch's Creative category used to do this (the streamers, never support from the site itself.. they thought Communities would fill that gap, I guess, but..) in order to further identify what they were doing.

If we could attach a select number of hashtags to our streams it would help group us together as well as provide easy discovery of other likeminded streams.

If I were going…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Platform Exclusive Featured Section

A featured section that resembles the current featured carousel, but is broken into tabs that are based on the platform that the streamer is gaming on (in this example I focus on Xbox, PC, and PS4), and it's smaller (maybe only highlights 2 or 3 streamers).

The current carousel is a great way to grow, and the weekly cool down is a great way to bring variety to the featured page, but Mixer is going through a significant phase of "Xbox First" content, which I think is building the stigma that Mixer is Xbox only, and consequently intimidating PS4 or…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Secondary Featured for creative Streamers & consolidate creative

This is kind of a two part system since first it would require that all non-game streams be under a single creative category. Anything from web shows to game development would be int he same category.

It would be great to somehow highlight non-game streams. Like a creative featured under the main featured channels. I think it would help show that Mixer is growing into something larger than just gaming.

It would then be great to be able to choose to brows games or creative streams and when the user chooses to brows one of the other, the featured cards…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. We need more search options !

We need more search options. Languages & Streamer names aren't efficïent. I was thinking of ; What platform are you looking for? ( PS, Xbox, PC ect )
    And also maybe a way to find titles instead of streamer names if you're looking for something specific.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Overwatch hypezone

Hypezone channel that raids streamers in an extremely close comp game, or on fire, or a kill streak. I think this would be amazing.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Mixer website enhancement.

I was wondering if there was a new mixer site on the way any time soon? The feedback site is very unpractical as you see only one by one + a whole lot of text you may not want to read. I believe a Forum ( with titles as headers, so without the actual text inside it ) would be very handy. Myself I'm a Forum lover, but sadly there isn't one on Mixer, I heard there was one when it was still " Beam ". I actually don't want a reddit site or anything, a real Mixer Forum (…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Time Online

How about a way to display streamers by Time instead of Viewers in Stream? It's just discouraging to be streaming for 5+ hours and yet nobody even enters, either because it is a popular game and the channel is just buried down at the bottom or everyone just clicks on the first channel because they think it's good. It has always seemed to be in my case that the ones that have been on for awhile are more entertaining, engaging, and worth the repeat viewership.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Combining Directories

I was hoping that Mixer could combine Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon into one category because they are the same game. Additionally perhaps combining the D&D directories into one general one, I know these are widely unused but I'd like to stream under these and have us all be under one, easy to find, directory.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. PCHypeZone

How about a PC Hypezone scrolling through the PC streams showcasing your PC streamers?

We don't seem to get much expose at present and this would open mixer up more the PC market

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Drop down menu

Not sure if this is where we post "quality of life" ideas but I was sent from Discord so let's give it a shot. I was thinking, would it be possible to have drop-down menus on the side of the browse page? While I get why the "filters" tab is there, it takes up about a third of the space, limiting the viewable space for the games tab. I love everything else about the look of the website, and adding a drop down list will visually show more variety for the viewer to choose from. Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. hypezone

Hypezone ALL GAMES

The Hypezone channels for PUBG and Fortnite are very cool for discovery of new streamers. I'm sure we can expect to see more of these hypezone channels for more games as they're released. What if there was a more general Hypezone channel for all of the games that are not encompassed in the specialty Hypezone channels? Games like Sea of Thieves, Halo 5, GTA V, etc. This would allow people who aren't focused on the mainstream games to find streamers who have a similar mindset. Thanks for considering!

Check out my channel at mixer.com/ChickenPossible

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Spotlight Streams

I think Mixer could promote all streamers on the front page by having a spotlight stream section which has 5 channels.

Like Hypezone these channels cycle streamers 24/7 and have an allocated run time of 30mins, that's 240 stream channels promoted to the front page per day over the 5 channels. This lets viewers find different streamers playing games some viewers wouldn't normally look for.

This idea wouldn't change hypezone or the featured channels but would sit with these and promote everyone.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make language filter a permanent account setting

I love the new 3/13/18 option to filter by language, however this setting is not permanent and must be selected every time or if you return home.

I would like to see this be a permanent account setting. I only speak one language, I have no interest in seeing results from other languages and would like this filter to be permanent and follow me on all my devices.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Regional streamers showcase

Twitch has for a few years had a regional promotion program whereby any can apply to be showcased for an entire week in a specific region. This works great on the front page as you can see who in your timezone is streaming and you can start to find, connect and support streamers who are in your area.

Mixer should implement a region first system outside of the rising stars tab. Make it application based so those who are serious about being streamers will apply and Mixer can assess each person based on merit and fit with the platforms values.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base