Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Season 2: Sparks to improve non-partnered viewership

Since viewers are now going to spend a lot of sparks in partnered streams, they will need a way to earn a lot more sparks. So I think that if viewers earned 2 or 3 times more sparks in non-partnered streams, it might encourage them to seek out smaller streamers and maybe even find a few they like. This way, viewers will have incentive to find smaller streams.

To encourage them more, there could be a tiered system. The smaller the stream, the more sparks you earn? I'm hoping this will balance out where viewers will spend their time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. having maybe a better upcoming streamers so people that are not partnered get more of a chance to get noticed

having maybe a better upcoming streamers so people that are not partnered get more of a chance to get noticed

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Outside Site Tracker

It would be great to see analytics of what outside resource locations our streams are being discovered in, i.e. a list showing primaries such as reddit, tumblr, facebook, YouTube video, etc. This could lead creators to finding out they have an audience building in another area and use that as guidance as to how to promote themselves more and bring in more outside traffic to mixer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Category searches for "programming" and/or "Security"

I would like to be able to put my show in a "programming" or "security" category area so that other people can find me.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Community/Discovery Growth for Up-And-Coming Streamers

Mixer has a ton of original content and programming. However, I think throughout most of their programming, I do not think they mention or highlight up-and-coming streamers. There is always a highlight of either an xbox program or of a partnered streamer. Which obviously, those things are fine, but I think there could be some highlight on those who are up and coming. I was thinking on the either the LevelUpCast or Tips and Tricks, they could allow content creators to submit a 30-sec to one-minute highlight reel highlighting their stream and what kind of content creator they are. Mixer…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Modify the front page for better discovery

Put the search box at the top bar. It is ludicrous you have to scroll down to find it.

Move Following to the very top of the page or just make it a button at the top and remove it from the front page. People should know who they follow. Why take up discovery space for this?

Next Section Recommended Streams based on viewing history: Show streamers streaming content similar to streamers they follow.

Next Section Up and Coming. Ensure that the algorithm or whatever you want to call it ensures that the same game does not dominate the space.…

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Change to game directory searches: include VOD

Currently if you search the game directory for a game that currently has nobody streaming you can't actually go any further than that, it would be nice if it would also include vods - so if I do search for a game nobody is streaming - at that time - I would still be able to get to the vods, and would still be able to follow those people.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. A-Z of Games & Streamers

I have noticed that my followers/streamers seem to go from Z to A i was thinking it would be a nice idea for us to change that to A-Z with both followers/ streamers and games

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Mixer Wheel feature

Hi, my name is JessyBot_Gaming, would there be a chance in there being two different feature wheels for non-paid and paid slots and would you say its a fair idea.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Streams from Non-Partnered Mixer streamers Filter

When filtering out who is streaming, there is an option to filter only partnered streamers on Mixer. I think it would be a great idea to have an option where you can view non-partnered streamers. I've attached a screenshot of where it can reside possibly.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Filter PC streamers only or Xbox streamers only

In the "filter" options... add an option to only show PC streamers only or Xbox streamers only etc.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Host

I believe hosting other streamers could be made better by Having a sub category of streamers you follow that are hosting showing WHO they are hosting even if it’s a line of text under their avatar

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Tournament tag for Esports streams

Was just watching the Rainbow Six Pro League on your platform as it is just a better viewing experience. However the viewership numbers are quite low.

Perhaps place a "tournament" tag next to streams that are hosting a tournament? It might help drive viewership to the esports side of things ☺️

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Opt-in or out of being visible on PC or Xbox

I think the streamer should be able to decide if they want to be visible on Xbox or PC. Some streamers receive harassment for not being on Xbox, and probably vise-versa. While it's obvious that it would hurt growth numbers, I think it should be down to the streamer to decide.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Sports hype zone

I would like to see a sports hype zone like say XYZ streamer is streaming NHL and then have it sit for 30 minutes and then kick over to XYZ streamer who is streaming madden and then have it for 30 minutes and have it kick over to XYZ streamer who is streaming NBA2k19 and so fort and so forth.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. location

add a filter by location option when searching for streamers. As i find looking for streamers from the same country difficult.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. HypeZone for Paladins/Overwatch

HypeZone for Paladins/Overwatch, games that are very close or insane killstreaks

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Team search Please

There are so many teams! There is no feasable way to actually find a team because they aren't searchable and you can't organize them!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The language selection shows language-adapted streams on the Mixer home page.

The selected language in the language selection shows the selected steams on the start page of Mixer if possible under Top Streams or in a specially provided area.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. pc and xbox

For those that are not a fan of trying to find a PC or console stream that they can possibly join. Have a filter for only PC members to find one another. Also have a filter for only console members to find one another.

For me, I want to find and collaborate with more PC players and its difficult to as we see all these new xbox players everyday.

If you would like to see this happen please get this upvoted! Happy Streaming!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base