Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add hype zone to Modern Warfare

Hype zone for Modern Warfare: Gunfight, Search and Destroy and Cyber Attack

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Search engine fix

Hi Mixer Team!

I'd have a suggestion for your search algorithms. What I noticed: When you search for "league" it gives you many many games with 0 viewers and 0 streams, before showing actual games with viewers and streams (e.g. League of Legends).
    Is there a way to get a fix for that minor problem, as it would improve the quality of the platform and would help league of legends streamers to build the LoL community here on Mixer.
    It would even already help if ppl could filter out games that have no livestreams active and make the platform look…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. More support for non-gaming channels

Currently there are some great non-game channels that are under utilized because they get no support exposure wise. I would love to see exposure for things like writing, 3D modeling, level design, art, etc.

Suggest improvements to front page for category spotlights for more than just game channels.
    Ideally there would be categories & genres under each with a spotlight line similar to Netflix or Prime Video.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Improve Exposure for new streamers on Mixer

Whether new to streaming in general or just new to Mixer or both, there needs to be a better way to help with exposure. With 24/7 channels running anything from music to live chicken cams, the pile is deep. This is not helped any by the almost pure FPS focus the main page has.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Improve surfacing of other game genres outside of FPS.

Currently the main page is a spotlight extravaganza for FPS games and streamers playing them. I would like to see this expanded to better encompass gaming as a whole and to help showcase streamers playing other things.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Educational / Computer Science / Programming / Coding / Game Dev / Etc. Category (That people can also find.)

I'm a Computer Science professor and I teach online courses. I've been thinking of streaming. I would do free lessons in lots of different computer languages and topics and being able to answer questions live would be really great.

I've found Twitch and Mixer have their educational stuff really buried (or more than an afterthought).

It would be great if Educational (all topics) or something Computer Science related could have its own category that was also discoverable.

I know there is a "Development" (terrible name) category, however searching for Coding, Programming, GameDev etc. does not bring it up.

Another option…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Directories sorted by “recommended for you”

I would like to see directories sorted by channels recommended for me based on my viewing history and follows as default. This way people won’t get buried by big numbers and 24/7 channels. My Destiny directory would have Goth up top, then Rocket Bear, then someone with 5 viewers, then 100, etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Correct title for a game

Please rename "X-COM: UFO Defence" to "UFO: Enemy Unknown", its original title, thank you, and also use its original cover rather than the US cover.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hypezone moving decision

Hypezone should not be moved considering the quality of the stream because not every beginner streamer has a monster pc/connection therefore making it hard to be discovered. Ofc if the stream has skipped frame rates then Hypezone should not move there.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Request to create Additional Flags to Channels

Mixer should create additional channel "Flags". In each channel, there's several flags, such as "VERIFIED", or "PRO".

I think they should categorize these "dedicated" farm channels as such, and move them to the bottom, or give them a specific genre of their own, like Music, or IRL, for example.

Label it: "24/7" or "Farming"

It's okay to have these channels up and running, but keep them separate from actual content!

This is something that takes nothing more than about 20-30 lines of code to do, and is a 'low-hanging fruit' kinda deal (imo).

And flagging these channels should be nothing…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Dota 2 Hype zone

Hey Mixer why doesn't Dota 2 have access to hypezone. Dota has everything from a community aspect and a gameplay aspect that allows for amazing hypezone hosts that could create amazing moments for not only the streamer themselves but the Dota Mixer community. Twitch holds a huge share of views in the community being the major source for professional play, airing major tournaments to many across the planet, specifically The International hosted every year by valve and easily has the largest prize poll fully supported by their players/fans. I could totally see mixer becoming an amazing home for new and…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Dota 2 Hype zone

Hey Mixer why doesn't Dota 2 have access to hypezone. Dota has everything from a community aspect and a gameplay aspect that allows for amazing hypezone hosts that could create amazing moments for not only the streamer themselves but the Dota Mixer community. Twitch holds a huge share of views in the community being the major source for professional play, airing major tournaments to many across the planet, specifically The International hosted every year by valve and easily has the largest prize poll fully supported by their players/fans. I could totally see mixer becoming an amazing home for new and…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Pay for a spotlight

Hello Mixer

We have an suggestions for the future of mixer!
    It is the following:
    Customizers must have the chance to pay for their content to stay in the spotlight with their stream
    They have the chance to promote their stream channel!
    In these days is it hard to become an official Mixer partner because some streamers don't know how to promote their channel and haven't the equipment to do it!
    Is there an option to suggest this option in the future or with an payment to stay in a spotlight?
    There are so many different streams with different content!…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Suggested Channels

On homepage, enable a column that has the header "Suggested "Game X" Streamers"

Game X should be a game that a user has shown interest in by either following a streamer who has streamed it or, streamers that fit similar criteria as their previous viewing experiences.

This should allow for gamers to discover new streamers quicker that they have a higher chance of engaging with.

Currently here is an example user flow; clicking the games section, typing their game, then filtering through the list of streamers.

That is a lot of work for someone to discover someone new.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. lets play category

I would like to see a category/tag that is for walkthroughs, or lets plays. That way if the person searching doesn't know what they want to watch, they can search the lets play category and find the game they want to watch get played through the story mode.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Genre

Adding a genre to games helps new streamers who don't stream popular games. This will help people who don't stream popular games move to mixer! I have been playing Total War games but never got views because people only watch the popular games in your search box! If you add Genre and feature the games popular in that genre more viewers will discover new content not everyone plays COD, FORTNITE, PUBG, etc. and at the same time you're helping new streamers and inviting more to move to MIXER.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Close the Gap

All of your viewers get trapped at one or two streams out of 30-40 or more in each category. I just checked one with 31 streamers, and 276 viewers. 30 of the streamers cumulative held 22 of the viewers. The remaining viewers 250+ were all in one stream.

I know that this is happening with Shroud and Ninja as well so these creators are doing nothing for platform growth.

Close the gap with something like.... Higher spark earnings for viewers when the visit and engage lower view count streamers. This will invite them to go and check out new people.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please add Greek language!

We really need the greek language support in the options since this harms our discoverability! I don't know the reasons you kept it out, but I am pretty sure it should not be that hard to be implemented!

Thank you in advance,
    Foufhs

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Algorithmically Suggested Clips

Hello! So as we know one of the biggest issues with live streaming is exposure. It is often difficult for people with less viewership to climb the ranks via their native platform, and one way to get more exposure is to have “hot/trending” clips curated and suggested for viewers under a “hot/trending” tab. When we look at viewer retention rates, typically viewers only return to their followed channels rather than look for new content and the same goes for hosting. Usually viewers only stay briefly after a host and then leave unless they are lurking. The best way for new/returning…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow Browse to Randomize Results... like it used to.

With the eventual removal of the Mixer app on the Xbox, we are in danger of being left with no real way to browse EVERYONE, not just the top X number of streamers. This is unacceptable, as the Xbox dash only shows a tiny, TINY percentage of streamers, and only the top ones at that. You're locking away 98% of your streamers into a dark, forgotten corner because no one can browse and discover them organically. The only way they can be found is if someone searches for the game they're playing, at the exact time they're playing it, or…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base