Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. This Mixer is rubbish! Twitch is far superior in video quality and resolution! The lives in this Mixer sucks the users bad and checkered ima

This Mixer is rubbish! Twitch is far superior in video quality and resolution! The lives in this Mixer sucks the users bad and checkered images no matter how fast the internet can be 500 Mega with 100 Upload that the transmission is rubbish and lousy picture quality! And if you contact Mixer Technical Support and ask! Useless idiots can't solve anything! And they only make excuses and can't explain or hide the truth! Pig service!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Game Release

On Game Release Day make a big hype around it a month before by getting partnered streamers together and advertising it using social media. also as microsoft own it they could work with game companies to get the name of mixer out there which will boost numbers.

Games coming up

- MW - Get a squad together and promote, make a comp out of it and do a give away to the teams competing (show unity )

-World of Warcraft - Make a team"world of mixer" that will be playing it and show highlight and promote.

So much can be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Discoverability for Game Development Streams

Hello,

If Mixer could help game development live streams (and those for other types of creatives) find an audience, Mixer could become the new home for these types of folks and their followers.

Right now, a user has to know to enter "development" in the "Game" search box, which is a little obtuse. By providing an obvious and visible way to find these types of streams, as well as featuring them on the front page, it would really help grow the ecosystem of developers and other creatives on Mixer!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. More hypezone games

Ive seen mixed opinions on adding new hypezone channels/games to hypezone. How exactly doesnt Mixer need more hype zone channels? People who stream games other than battle royales or R6 deserve to get hype zone just as much. And that's kind of limiting Mixer's potential as well as a streaming platform. Destiny 2, Overwatch, World of Warcraft, and Borderlands are some games I think should be hype zone eligible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Making a genre category

It's frustrating that I can't find different types of genres of games, it would be nice to have a category where you can find mystery, horror, action, etc. It would easier for viewers to find what game they want and also help streamers get out there who are underrated. I feel like it would be a bit more organized that way.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. world of warcraft

World of Warcraft cover picture should not be of Battle for Azeroth expansion. With the coming release of Classic WoW, most viewers are tuning in for Classic content, not BfA.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. "Unknown Games" section like "Up And Coming" etc

There is a section "Up And Coming" which promotes newer streamers on Mixer. I think it would be REALLY cool if there was a section people could go to, specifically, to discover games that are being streamed to say, 0 - 5 viewers (per streamer) or something.

This, I feel, would really help those who stream indie games, for example. Or those who don't like Battle Royales (like me, personally), etc that everyone is playing.

Mixer is all about community. Why not make another form of "Community" that anyone can make use of to discover?

"Unknown Games" should not restrict…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. nba2k hype zone

Nba2k hypezone, or you can do a sports hypezone it will work for almost any game. Search through the players in online games that are close. For example a mypark game that is 18-18, a play now online game in the 4th quarter that is within 10 points, same goes for myteam games. Mypark games go up to 21 w no time limit so games that are close in points that would switch to like 15-15 or something like that. And then any close fourth quarter situation for online 5 on 5 game modes. I can try and elaborate more…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Start featuring smaller partners again

I have noticed over the last couple weeks it seems to be the same people being featured. I think it's time to start featuring some of the smaller partnered streamers again. Lets support the smaller partnered streamers to try and help them out, not just those who have all the viewers on the platform that don't need any extra coverage.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. More than 1 Language on "Channel Language"

Please Mixer, be the first platform to be able to choose more than 1 language on "Channel Language". Almost everybody speaks their native language + English. What if a streamer speaks more than 3 languages?; That would increase a lot of the discoverability available for the community.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Separate rotating videos for partners apart from Featured brands

It might be a good idea to add a smaller video rotator or section to feature partners more prominently on the front page and mobile UI.

The "Featured" rotator could highlight larger brands and streamers like Ninja and Siefe while the Partner rotator could feature the smaller ones that aren't as big.

Having a "branded" rotator then below slightly smaller one for other partners could help the discover-ability of the partners and get them main page time outside of the ChannelOne and ChannelOnePlus hosts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add a category for makers specifically

A category for makers would help out many who prefer to make things instead of being in one whole category with art. I would say soldering is an art, but it is more along the lines of making something. I would love to start in Mixer, but want my stream to be in the right subcategory that fits what I do. I would like to start streaming mechanical keyboard builds.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Virtual Reality Category

A Virtual Reality category for VR games, like the Music, Creative and Retro categories. Awareness and interest in VR as a whole is at an all time high, but awareness of specific VR titles is not so high. Very similar to the Retro category, which exists due to the high interest in Retro content but general niche-ness and low discoverability of individual Retro titles. Same would be for a VR category, interest in VR content is high but individual titles are still niche and have very low discoverability.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Pokemon Accessibility and Discovery on Mixer

Can Mixer please fix what games appear when you search 'Pokemon' Most of the official pokemon games don't appear and the newest games like sword and shield as well as sun and moon are no where to be seen. If they could remove the fake pokemon games and replace them with the real games that'd be pretty good for pokemon streaming on mixer as a whole.

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, Ultra Sun/Moon, X/Y, Leafgreen/FireRed, Black/White, Black/White Version 2, ORAS(Omegaruby/alpha sapphire), Sword/Shield All need priority on the search “Pokemon” on mixer.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Overwatch Should be added to HypeZone

Overwatch is a very electrifying game that is constantly improving and gaining new players worldwide! With that being said there are moments in Overwatch that have players and watchers alike at the edge of their seats. When there's only 10 seconds left and you're 1.3m from the delivering the payload. Or when both teams are at 99% in Control and their fighting it out in Overtime! Things like this makes a player sweat and is great action for viewers at home watching gamers go at it to win it all! In these instances the game can be changed by one…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. FFXIV Directories

Combine FFXIV and FFXIV: Shadowbringers directories

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Video discovery playlists (and notifications)

Thanks to Luca and the team for all the great UI work done on Mixer (its such a clean and welcoming interface from the get go). One feature that I find lacking though is the ability to make a playlist of games I want to be notified of when they go live (e.g more niche games like Bubble Bobble not played often). Lots of us care more about games than e-celebs, so will Mixer follow in Twitche's footsteps and also ignore us to focus only on e-sports / e-celebs?

So TLDR - Playlist notifications, is it hard to make happen?…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Discovering New & Exciting Games on Mixer AND The Xbox Store is a Chore

I can understand WHY The "HypeZone" is kept in front - even if I think it's really killing off all the Other, Strange hundreds of games being Streamed by those whose "Thing" is Indies, Puzzle Games, Retro, etc. What truly boggles me is the massive change a minor investment could make by hiring a few kids to add EVERY Xbox 360 & Xbox One Title to the Mixer List via Player.Me. I know that Player.Me caters to all consoles & PC. Doesn't matter. Mixer. Microsoft. Pay a few half-brained kids to just plug in all the info for all Games,…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Filter by Follower #

I think adding a filter (more filters the better!) that allows you to search via Follower/Sub numbers is excellent! The reason I propose this as an excellent idea is for two reasons.

The first is that lots of people, myself included, love to check out new streamers. Some for the laughs to suddenly drop a host or such on a smaller streamer and watch them freak out. But also because some, like me, really enjoy watching a smaller channel, maybe with a handful of followers or views, and just chatting with them. Maybe send some sparks their way. It really…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base