Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Game and Stream Filters

While I have seen a few topics already started talking about filtering for gaming platform discovery, there is another area that should gather some attention. Being able to distinguish console from PC is important, especially when people come into chat and ask "is this on Xbox?", but what about the stream itself?
    There are those of us out there who prefer to watch a stream with or without a web cam, or even just no mic or webcam. I've had other streamers and viewers from my chat agree with me on this. When looking through "Up and Coming" or anywhere…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Categories

Adding all types of Categories to Beam so you can find what you want to watch (specifically)
    On the Beam home page there is
    Featured - All Streamers - Up and Coming - Teams - Homes (mock image attached)
    Homes (or Categories) will drill down/animate another bar of all the homes that are a part of Beams Family
    All - PC - Console - Mobile - Creative - IRL - Music - Esports (and we can add in any others that are missing) and now the newly added Console Broadcasting!
    Any broadcaster can tag their stream to be in a…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Search for more than a channel.

The ability to search on a more global level, like Stream titles and game titles. Right now when you search on the homepage it is only by the channel (user) name. The ability to have it filter the game and stream title would be nice.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Front Page - Automated/Manual/Scheduled Streamer Picks

Featuring on the Front Page is a joy and a privilege. It should definitely feel that way! But, those given that honor should also be responsible for representing Beam.Pro in a positive way.

I propose an opt-in system where users must read, understand, and accept certain quality content standards in order to be elgible for representation on the front page. Once accepted their channel is placed into an automated rotation. Streamers should be notified in someway of their being highlighted so they can be sure to abide by the agreement they submitted themselves to for that honor.

Manual over-ride. On…

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Note to "Following" Page

When you go to the "Following" page and click through the games, and no one you are following is streaming that game you simply get a "No channels found" message. In my opinion, this should be expanded to something like "No followed channels streaming {game}. [Click here] to see non-followed channels" or something of that sort.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Alphabetic Game List Order

I'm not sure if this has been requested already, but wasn't able to find anything.
    Could we get a game order option to be Alphabetical instead of by view count?
    Something like an icon A >Z and then an "eye" to switch between the orders.

Thanks.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Sort search results based on applicable statistics

Currently, search results return what appears to be an unsorted list of results. It would be helpful if searching returned results weighted by stats or "relevancy"

For example, if you search for Markiplier, you get a ton of channels that start with "markiplier" but none of these are the markiplier you're probably looking for. In fact, Markiplier is the last channel in the results list.

Anyway, hope that makes sense!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Tags/Filters to find or display games. (just like LFG Xbox feature but of course for Beam games)

Like the title says, it would nice to be able to find games based on our tags.

For example:
    The streamer can add "no mic" "no cam" to the tags, so if people are interested in a stream with that, they will know what channel/tag not to search and click on.

It could also help to know what kind of interactive stream channels are using, from just soundboard to interactive automated buttons or co-op or something like that.

Also streamers can add the "no swearing" tag so people know those channels will be okay if they don't like so much…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Tab to see who "friends" are watching

In the browse tabs, there should be an other tab so you can see who your friends are currently watching.

Friends being people who follow you and you follow, putting then under streams that you currently hover over and see who is watching.

I think it would be a cool addition to see where your friends are hanging out

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Making Hosting usefull

I think it would be really cool if hosting was made into something that can actually assist the smaller channels. As of right now the only time it can help out a smaller channel is if you host someone right after they are done streaming currently and go on to host them so that your current viewers go over to the other channel. What would be super awesome is if an email was sent out like when you go live saying "X Streamer is now Hosting X Streamer" like the ones that go out saying someone is live. As well…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make Hypezone Hype Again

Lately I feel like Hypezone is well, not active. It has views which is great but there is no chat, no one follows or hosts or interacts with your stream at all. It feels, well, dead. I think a lot of this has to do with the split chat, I remember when the chat was combined and there was always people chatting and interacting with the stream being hosted. I think Hypezone is a fantastic idea to help out smaller streamers grow, and that can only happen through interaction. I believe re-combining the chats would be a large step in…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Mixer Wheel feature

Hi, my name is JessyBot_Gaming, would there be a chance in there being two different feature wheels for non-paid and paid slots and would you say its a fair idea.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Opt-in or out of being visible on PC or Xbox

I think the streamer should be able to decide if they want to be visible on Xbox or PC. Some streamers receive harassment for not being on Xbox, and probably vise-versa. While it's obvious that it would hurt growth numbers, I think it should be down to the streamer to decide.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please allow filtering out certain terms in search

I would absolutely love to see a filter which's function would be to filter out certain terms in stream titles. I believe this would definitely make me more interested in spending more time on Mixer as it would help me sort out much of the content I find unappealing. For example, I would love to filter out every single stream which's title includes terms such as influence (thanks Forza), farm, giveaway among others. This should ideally be an open text field rather than some list of options so as to allow the term list to be updated as tastes and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Spark Recognition

Using Sparks as a currency for "engagement", it would be neat to recognize non-partnered or lower view-count stream thumbnails with a small "spark" icon to call out to potential viewers that this is an engaging stream, or create an engagement filter altogether.

This can also be used as a metric to recognize when searching for potential feature streams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. having maybe a better upcoming streamers so people that are not partnered get more of a chance to get noticed

having maybe a better upcoming streamers so people that are not partnered get more of a chance to get noticed

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Outside Site Tracker

It would be great to see analytics of what outside resource locations our streams are being discovered in, i.e. a list showing primaries such as reddit, tumblr, facebook, YouTube video, etc. This could lead creators to finding out they have an audience building in another area and use that as guidance as to how to promote themselves more and bring in more outside traffic to mixer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sports hype zone

I would like to see a sports hype zone like say XYZ streamer is streaming NHL and then have it sit for 30 minutes and then kick over to XYZ streamer who is streaming madden and then have it for 30 minutes and have it kick over to XYZ streamer who is streaming NBA2k19 and so fort and so forth.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Community/Discovery Growth for Up-And-Coming Streamers

Mixer has a ton of original content and programming. However, I think throughout most of their programming, I do not think they mention or highlight up-and-coming streamers. There is always a highlight of either an xbox program or of a partnered streamer. Which obviously, those things are fine, but I think there could be some highlight on those who are up and coming. I was thinking on the either the LevelUpCast or Tips and Tricks, they could allow content creators to submit a 30-sec to one-minute highlight reel highlighting their stream and what kind of content creator they are. Mixer…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Tournament tag for Esports streams

Was just watching the Rainbow Six Pro League on your platform as it is just a better viewing experience. However the viewership numbers are quite low.

Perhaps place a "tournament" tag next to streams that are hosting a tournament? It might help drive viewership to the esports side of things ☺️

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base