Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. #Organization #Mixer #Unique-ideas "A Unique Idea"

A unique feature that @WatchMixer should implement is the ability to move streams around and organize our "Following" page the way we want to. That way we can access streamers we watch the most more easily.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. X Box curated featured page for all streams

Currently the xbox app has a featured page that has insane potential to be used for discovery, as it curates the featured streams by games within the viewers game library and any games they may have viewed on a mixer stream. This feature only directs users to partnered streamers. My proposal is that this feature be accessible to all users, not just partners. This will not only help with the "lack of variety" mixer has, but it will also help the with the discovery of people who are deserving of views, but unable to obtain them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. filter out Games

Would like to see the option to filter out games from the discovery. So if you don't want to see "Fortnite" for instance you can add a filter that will filter out all Fortnite streams from discovery.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make language filter a permanent account setting

I love the new 3/13/18 option to filter by language, however this setting is not permanent and must be selected every time or if you return home.

I would like to see this be a permanent account setting. I only speak one language, I have no interest in seeing results from other languages and would like this filter to be permanent and follow me on all my devices.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. HypeZone needs Rocket League!

Rocket League is definitely a hot candidate for the HypeZone. Maybe the remaining playtime can trigger the algorithm. Most matches get pretty intense in the last 20-30 seconds. Especially when both teams have the same amount of goals. Sometimes this leads also in an extra overtime.

In my opinion the HypeZone needs fast games like Rocket League to keep on the action. This would make the HypeZone quite more fun to watch.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Show the longest continuous stream

The stream with the longest uptime should be shown on the home screen. Maybe even an option to select the top 10 current longest streams?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Consolidate Starcraft 2 Channels

There appears to be 6 categories for Starcraft 2... LOL You might want to lock that down into 1.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. hypezone

Multiple HypeZones for the same game so that more streamers have a chance of getting HypeZone. With the increase amount of viewers & streamers, I believe there will be plenty if people to cover multiple channels for the same game. Thanks for taking the time to read my suggestion. -JuniorJaxon

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. We need more search options !

We need more search options. Languages & Streamer names aren't efficïent. I was thinking of ; What platform are you looking for? ( PS, Xbox, PC ect )
    And also maybe a way to find titles instead of streamer names if you're looking for something specific.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Regional streamers showcase

Twitch has for a few years had a regional promotion program whereby any can apply to be showcased for an entire week in a specific region. This works great on the front page as you can see who in your timezone is streaming and you can start to find, connect and support streamers who are in your area.

Mixer should implement a region first system outside of the rising stars tab. Make it application based so those who are serious about being streamers will apply and Mixer can assess each person based on merit and fit with the platforms values.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Exclusive section for mobile games.

I think it would be interesting a section exclusively for mobile games that are being broadcast, currently it is very difficult to discover them, and also I do not see a great effort from other platforms in relation to this would be an interesting niche to explore, mobile games are in continuous growth, even more this year we have several weightlifting like Arena of Valor, Paladins Strike and Vainglory, is a good opportunity for the Mixer.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Unified Search

There should be a unified search option front and center on the mixer homepage. Currently the channel search is confusing, when I just want to search for a specific game. Users typically won't know the specific channel name they want to search for, but rather the game they're looking to search for. For the channel search to be front and center makes things confusing. I also encountered an even more confusing user flow when I typed my game search query into the channel search, and then got no results before noticing the game search. After typing my query into the…

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. featured

I love that practically anyone can eventually get on the featured section. But I feel like it needs to be more diverse. The same game should not be featured on the Featured section. As of now, it's full of nothing but PUBG. This would allow other streamers to be featured and provide more diversity.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Search for streams by title

I can search for a user/channel name, but it would be helpful to search by title. This would allow me to look for things like "#raidfriendly" or "giveaway" or "Xbox".

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Sub Categories

Most Categories do not need this but there are a few categories that it would be nice to have a sub category for. I do game development and design some times and don't want to just have design as the game. It would be cool if you could set a sub game category. This could be useful for gaming streams as well. If you are playing competitive cs go you would have a different feeling from non competitive or being able to add interactive as a sub category or join-able would all be nice things to add to the end…

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. add to ability to search for streams by genre

add to ability to search for streams by genre

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Follower Tab

I think it'd be really cool to have a tab in Browse next to "Following" labeled "Followers" which when clicked shows all the live channels that follow you.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Game and Stream Filters

While I have seen a few topics already started talking about filtering for gaming platform discovery, there is another area that should gather some attention. Being able to distinguish console from PC is important, especially when people come into chat and ask "is this on Xbox?", but what about the stream itself?
    There are those of us out there who prefer to watch a stream with or without a web cam, or even just no mic or webcam. I've had other streamers and viewers from my chat agree with me on this. When looking through "Up and Coming" or anywhere…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Categories

Adding all types of Categories to Beam so you can find what you want to watch (specifically)
    On the Beam home page there is
    Featured - All Streamers - Up and Coming - Teams - Homes (mock image attached)
    Homes (or Categories) will drill down/animate another bar of all the homes that are a part of Beams Family
    All - PC - Console - Mobile - Creative - IRL - Music - Esports (and we can add in any others that are missing) and now the newly added Console Broadcasting!
    Any broadcaster can tag their stream to be in a…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Search for more than a channel.

The ability to search on a more global level, like Stream titles and game titles. Right now when you search on the homepage it is only by the channel (user) name. The ability to have it filter the game and stream title would be nice.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base