Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Change "Games" to "Channels"

Having to click on "Games" to look at non gaming streamers is very unintuitive.
    Example1 - I want to watch cooking: I have to click on "Games" and then "Food / Cooking".
    Example2 - I want to look at art: I have to click on "Games" and then "Creative"
    Example3 - I want to discover music: I have to click on "Games" and then "Music"

I suggest changing this tab name to on of the following: Channels, Streams, Categories.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I wish I had the option to filter for what platform I wanted to watch "Pc, Xbox, Wi, PS4"

I wish I had the option to filter for what platform I wanted to watch "Pc, Xbox, Wi, PS4"

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sort "GAMES" search by number of viewers or live channels

When I attempt to search for games using the /browser/games/ page on the desktop site, I always have to aggressive scroll and scan the game options with my eyes to see if there are ANY viewers for a certain game.

What if the search automatically shoved games with active viewers or streamers to the very top, then sorted the rest however you see fit?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Featured Game

At the moment, if a streamer doesn't produce content around the top 8-10 games, it can be very hard to fulfil a channel's potential. Battle Royales are extremely dominant, and other types of game struggle to get in the mix.

A Featured Game panel on the home page could help with this. Each week, 4-8 new games released that week could be added to this page, giving viewers direct access to these titles. This can then be a direct link to all streamers on that game rather than just navigating to the the games page and searching. If there aren't…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add a category for makers specifically

A category for makers would help out many who prefer to make things instead of being in one whole category with art. I would say soldering is an art, but it is more along the lines of making something. I would love to start in Mixer, but want my stream to be in the right subcategory that fits what I do. I would like to start streaming mechanical keyboard builds.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Search past broadcasts by game

Being able to search past broadcasts by game would help smaller games' streamers find an audience even if those streamers aren't currently online.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. This Mixer is rubbish! Twitch is far superior in video quality and resolution! The lives in this Mixer sucks the users bad and checkered ima

This Mixer is rubbish! Twitch is far superior in video quality and resolution! The lives in this Mixer sucks the users bad and checkered images no matter how fast the internet can be 500 Mega with 100 Upload that the transmission is rubbish and lousy picture quality! And if you contact Mixer Technical Support and ask! Useless idiots can't solve anything! And they only make excuses and can't explain or hide the truth! Pig service!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. "Other" Category needs a fix

The "other" category has gotten rather popular primarily because streamers are not categorizing their stream properly. Its riddled with Fifa, Music, Minecraft, and other very popular games. These streams need to be moved to their perspective categories and leave the "other" category to streams that are unrelated to games, games with no categories available, or games that aren't retro but are so irrelevant, that you may never find it while scrolling down the live games. (The last one is up for debate).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Start featuring smaller partners again

I have noticed over the last couple weeks it seems to be the same people being featured. I think it's time to start featuring some of the smaller partnered streamers again. Lets support the smaller partnered streamers to try and help them out, not just those who have all the viewers on the platform that don't need any extra coverage.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow Browse to Randomize Results... like it used to.

With the eventual removal of the Mixer app on the Xbox, we are in danger of being left with no real way to browse EVERYONE, not just the top X number of streamers. This is unacceptable, as the Xbox dash only shows a tiny, TINY percentage of streamers, and only the top ones at that. You're locking away 98% of your streamers into a dark, forgotten corner because no one can browse and discover them organically. The only way they can be found is if someone searches for the game they're playing, at the exact time they're playing it, or…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hypezone MixerLoots

So basically take the same concept of Hypezone and apply Mixer Loots to the channel. 1) It will generate more streamer discovery other than just partnered streamers. It will give a chance to those new and up-coming streamers that really want to prove what kind of content the can create, while providing mixer points for the viewers because viewers satisfaction comes first overall. 2) Will be a great way to counter the abuse of 24/7 mixer points farming channels that are just left on menu screens with little to no content. I'm sure its hard to decide how to shut…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. speedrunning

We need a way to find things like Speedrunning. There is almost no speedrunners on Mixer. It is almost impossible to find them here. We either need Tags, or a community category. We need something to make it easier. This community raises Millions of dollars for charities a year. You are missing out with the lack of support.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add filters to select publishers or developers

Good evening,

I know Mixer doesn't have the diversity (in terms of filters) of other platforms but I would like to make a suggestion: there should exist filters that only show games by some publisher/developer and the opposite (not show accordingly)
    I hope this gets implemented because I think it's a differentiation factor.

Cheers,
    M

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Mixer Feedback

I was directed to this uservoice feedback by Mixer when I asked why their search wasn't delivering useful results. But having read some of the other problems streamers are having regarding partnerships and general discoverability, it has become clear that Mixer is not worth looking at as an alternative to other platforms.
    So sad.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Filter by Follower #

I think adding a filter (more filters the better!) that allows you to search via Follower/Sub numbers is excellent! The reason I propose this as an excellent idea is for two reasons.

The first is that lots of people, myself included, love to check out new streamers. Some for the laughs to suddenly drop a host or such on a smaller streamer and watch them freak out. But also because some, like me, really enjoy watching a smaller channel, maybe with a handful of followers or views, and just chatting with them. Maybe send some sparks their way. It really…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Virtual Reality Category

A Virtual Reality category for VR games, like the Music, Creative and Retro categories. Awareness and interest in VR as a whole is at an all time high, but awareness of specific VR titles is not so high. Very similar to the Retro category, which exists due to the high interest in Retro content but general niche-ness and low discoverability of individual Retro titles. Same would be for a VR category, interest in VR content is high but individual titles are still niche and have very low discoverability.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Integration with Discord!!

I think mixer should work with discord to be integrated for the 'Connections Tab' It'll show when you're live and those that are in your channel or if you are in others, it'll help show that you're live playing over on mixer! I know Microsoft and Discord are working together for a discord app on the xbox, So lets kill 2 birds with 1 stone!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. recently started

Please add the "Recently Started" sorting option when going through all streams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Follower number Filter

Most of the time when I'm trying to search for new streamers, my only option is to click on "Browse" and scroll down for about 10 minutes.
    Even then, I come across people who are very accustomed to to streaming and have up to 500 followers already.

If there was an option to search people by 'follower count' then it would be much easier to support anyone trying to get into streaming.
    There are a lot of people stuck at the bottom who have a lot to offer that are constantly overshadowed by a mile of people playing the same…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base