Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mods opting in and out of green status

Mixer could have a feature where mods could choose not to appear green unless opting in. This would give mods an opportunity to just enjoy the stream some days.

Sometimes when you start a stream with a lot of green names in chat it can discourage a casual viewer from being active in chat.

We could have a command such as /modoptout which temporarily takes away the green name until they type /modoptin. All of these commands could be whispered to avoid confusion in chat.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Blacklist Words

I think we need the option to create a custom Blacklist for banned words in our channels. I know some bots of this option but they aren't reliable. This is becoming very apparent to me with the release of Endgame. I have seen in other channels when big movies or games come out people just go in, ruin it and leave. These are just people that want to ruin something for as many people as possible. This could be easily prevented with a system built into Mixer.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Ban logs

I think there should be a way to see which moderator banned someone and at what time.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please allow for Mods to restore comments they have accidentally deleted.

Please allow for mods to restore comments they accidentally delete. Busy chats make for many accidental deletions and in order to reassure the person sending the original message that they didn't do anything wrong a restore feature would be very useful.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow Mods to give/remove hearts

It would be nice if moderators/channel editors could give/remove hearts.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Modertion Rankings!

Integrating multiple staff rankings for a streamer.

The rankings I am suggesting will be placed in hierarchy order. (For example: Owner has more power than Admin)
    Ranking:
    Channel Editors
    Administrator

Permissions to each role:

Channel Editor:
    * allow to have a seperate control panel to manage logs.
    (Logs will contain of all staff members actions. Such as, Chat deletion & time stamps of commands being runned)
    * Able to delete any chat messages sent by Admins and Moderators
    * All the permissions assigned to Channel Editor already

Admin:
    * Manage Moderator commands
    * Able to delete Mod chat text…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Mods Consideration

I would like to see something for the dedicated mods. Mixer gets a new partner but they just don't get the streamer. Mods helped them to get to that point. Some sort of incentive I guess.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Prevention of ****** Assault / Child Predator TOOLS for CAT

Give MS / Xbox / Mixer / CAT the tools to deal with certain convicted offenders.
    Primarily aimed at Domestic Abuse, ****** Assault ( Both Adult and Children ) to prevent these kind of people to be on the platform.
    Since Mixer has a native Xbox app which is used widely by all ages, including kids, and does not have any way to verify that someone is not lying about their age, I feel its important that we keep our users safe.

People with certain convictions are not allowed near Schools , Parks, sometimes even the internet, depending on the…

101 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Prevent users from using sparks, when timed out

Giving users a timeout that spam sparks is not working, as a timeout does not prevent them from using sparks. /timeout command should also prevent users from using sparks in the channel.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Minimum Suspension Times

I propose that Mixer implement time spans on suspensions for rule-breaking in a similar fashion to other platforms with a minimum suspension of time of 24 hours.

This will make it more clear cut on how long a user will be suspended at minimum for breaking Mixer's rules

(I am aware some violations may require longer but feel this should be a minimum)

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. moderator

have an affiliation program for moderators, like with streamers the get the affiliation and partnership program, have something there to show support to the moderation team of streamers that put just as much time and effort into supporting their streamers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. chat restrictions and catbot moderation - change link to Mixer Level NOT Fan Progression Level.

Catbot moderation for levels should be based on Mixer Level NOT fan progression level.

Certain fan progression levels can be passed quickly mainly 1 through high 20's by simply spending a bunch of sparks.

Meaning that a new viewer who is restricted eg troll banned and coming back with a new account, can simply spend sparks increasing fan progression level and bypassing more than likely the first two preset catbot moderation levels.

Making catbot work on Fan Progression means that more than likely most streamers will have to set the strict level of moderation to such a high fan progression…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow mods to change the buy game button

Mods should be allow to change the pink button for partners to allow people to buy the games to support the streamer.

Currently only the streamer can change the button to a new game, and if someone request to buy a game during stream it can be difficult for the streamer to switch the game.

I have experience lots of people who want to support the streamer by purchasing a game using that button, but have to wait for a while before the streamer can stop and change it.

Having a mod being able to have access to that button…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. New moderation tool: Shadow ban

Please consider adding the ability for moderators to shadow ban individuals. Currently, there is nothing stopping a user from registering unlimited new accounts to continue trolling or harassing a channel after being banned. They can start the process immediately upon realizing that they are banned. If you give the ability to "Shadow ban" (i.e. they can continue to send messages but no one can see them), it will greatly slow their efforts as they will not know if they are simply being ignored, or if they are actually banned.

Another potential solution to this issue is for the site to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. A chat participation reward

Hello! As a moderator I find myself often wanting to give back to the more active and helpful chatters in the community. I think it would be nice to be able to have the ability to give them a little gold star or something pinned on their icon (?) for being exceptionally great that day. I think some kind of positive reward system like that for active members of the community would really help keep the good vibes going and make people feel acknowledged for participating. Feel free to expand on this idea and mold it to what you like…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Turkish Moderation Problem

Mixer don't have a moderator for turkish broadcasters, some people are re-streaming their broadcasts and there are a few publishers who don't care about mixer rules so you need to be take a moderator to control turkish broadcasters. like me i know all rules for mixer :)
    Have a good day.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Reporting chat comments

I have noticed that when you are trying to report someone's comment in chat, there is an option that says "Inappropriate Behavior" which I have unfortunately clicked on, causing my report to be somewhat incorrect. When I check my email for the response message from Mixer, it really says "Inappropriate Behavior with a Minor," which was cut off from the list of reportable offences.

Can you either shorten it to INTENTIONALLY be "Inappropriate Behavior," or at least fix the issue with not seeing the full reporting title so there is no further mix up? Issue is seen on Google Chrome…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Restore Moderator ability to /unban

Accidental bans happen. It's an inconvenience for a streamer to go to chat and /unban. I don't understand why the /unban command has been restricted to just casters. Please restore this functionality?

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Catbot

That catbot should not have full control of a streamer chat that it keep messing around the bot commands where it half the time cat bot dont work right I fell like as the streamer catbot can be turned on or off

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. channel editors

Ok this is coming from a person who mods for alot of people but channel editors really should have more power as in beable to mod and delete mods messages ect as we can edit a streamers desc but if a mod acts out we cant even delete there message

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base