Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Shift progression badge to the left of a streamer's name in chat

Would be a nice QOL update to see the progression badge shift to the space before a viewer's name in chat. This would be much visually neater than it is now, where it's to the right of a name, and as such is not aligned neatly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Screen

A screen option to see the streams in fullscreen with the chat, and also work with the coop stream, in that case the streams arranged like we see in FPS coop multiplayer games one screen above the other with the chat in right side.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Make the Channel description area more dynamic

As an artist that has created several stream layouts for friends on Mixer I would really like to see something more added to the description area to give us a bit more creative freedom.

Currently, we have very limited tools to create good content for these description areas, and for some, they settle for “good enough” because it is hard for them to figure out. I have had to help a few people tweak images to make them look decent and it requires some secret HTML/CSS magic that can be buggy at times.

Several streamers add graphics to their description…

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable Past Streams by Default (or include a notice and a link on the Past Streams page)

It would be nice if any of the following were true:
    1. Past Streams are activated by default
    1. the Past Streams tab is invisible unless recordings exist and the settings are configured correctly
    2. the Past Streams tab mentions anything about that feature not being activated, or a link to the settings page, or really *any* indication that this feature which is pretty commonly used on other streaming sites is not enabled by default

This was a poor UI design choice and presents a poor user experience. I signed up to Mixer because it's the default streaming site on…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. hypezone full screen

Allow HypeZone to remain full screen when switching between hosted streamers. It is annoying that I have to hit the full screen button between streamers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Horizontal Skills Menu

Make the Skills menu a horizontal bar below the game name and above the streamer name. then allow the menu to remain open for quick access to skills.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Turn Stream Saving On as Default

Please change the default setting to SAVE EVERY STREAM and DO NOT change it back to default without at least a warning letting the streamer know that the stream is not being saved. Today is the 7th time your streaming service has deleted a prolonged stream I was conducting. I have lost the 2 hours of today that I spent using your service, thinking my stream settings were the same as I had left them. Lo and behold it had reset back to Do Not Save streams. Its really rather pathetic to me that I have to raise this as…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Hide recommended streams

On the Xbox one dashboard on the mixer tab I want the option to hide certain games since all recommended streams are apex, fortnite and pbug and I hate these games and every time I visit the mixer tab I'm reminded how much i hate them! I hope there be a option added to the Xbox mixer tab to hide the games you don't wanna see !!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hmmm, the numbers for fan progression levels are so small, its rly hard to read them with a 1440p resolution monitor/tv. Size increase bar

Hmm, hello all, <3

The numbers for fan progression levels are so small, its rly hard to read them with a 1440p resolution monitor/tv. perhaps a little meter/bar that I can use to resize the numbers in the fan progression so that users with larger/smaller monitors/tv's don't have to use their browser zoom in feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. In chat badge for original beam community members

I think original beam community members should have their badge displayed in chat as well, because the badges are currently shown in the channel page, but I believe that most of users who have it, including me, are viewers and if you do not stream nobody sees it. What's the point of having it, but hidden from everyone?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. info panels on all platforms not just desktop

make it so you can view a streamers info box/panel on all platforms not just desktop e.g. Xbox/mobile and any other viewing platforms mixer supports in the future e.g. chrome cast amazon fire or i don't think would happen Microsoft's biggest competitor Apple (TV)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I would love to be able to follow a specific game

I would love to follow a specific game like I can follow a streamer

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Feature Carousel Rework

Instead of the featured carousel working as is now , it should be vertical . Currently most users will not swipe or click left/right making anything other than the front center to be pointless.

If it was a vertical list of featured creators instead then the odds of being clicked on goes up since it’s just a simple scroll down once or twice to see all of the featured creators.

The current version is pointless.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. screen size

Besides having full screen, can we also have something like theater size? Being able to make the screen bigger without having to go into full screen.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Pre-Autgorized Music

Within the app you would find a selection called "Music" giving the user a wide option of hundreds of pre-authorized songs that you the creator of Mixer would allow us to use. I personally know that there are hundreds of thousands of non copy righted songs out there that creators make for the soul prupose of content makers to use because of them not having the funding to purchace rights. Within the selection of songs you the owners of Mixer would give credit to the makers allowing their content to grow. This is where the fun comes in, You can…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Follow All Button in Costreams

It would be great to have a "Follow All" button on Costreams that would allow a viewer to follow all the streamers who are currently in the costream. User's would still be able to hover over a streamer's profile picture and follow an individual streamer.

357 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. default streamer

Hi,

Whenever I open Mixer I instantly get the same streamer on the Homepage featured carousel (KaribouCanadien). I've tried force quitting and opening up the XBox App over and over again with the same result

Each time it's the same streamer showing up on, and being featured. It happens also when he's not even online, because he leaves it broadcasting replays 24h, so I get him all the time, day or night
    Meaning, when I open Mixer, I immediately get him - and usually screaming out loud on my living room - do you see how this can become very…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Pause Screen Wallpaper Edit for Mixer on Xbox

My idea- Be able to change the background on the stream, for when you pause or change games. This is Xbox Mixer exclusive obviuosly. But when you pause the stream you get the blue living room with a couch and cat clock, it would be nice to change this to a custom wallpaper users could create and upload, just like the wallpaper for when you are offline.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. allow for option to disable force mobile browser on pc

it's nice and quick in all but when you have a small tv the size of Proscan (1360x768) it changes it to mobile version if you reduce width by at lest 2/3 of the screen.. so i can only have the browser full screen if i want to see chat on the right side

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. language filter (default)

I like the idea of having the language settings on the top bar (great addition). Please also add that the selected language is "default" set in the filter so it would be easier to directly find any channel/stream on my language. :)

I hope you know what I mean. Thanks in advance and keep up the great work. <3

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base