Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Remove Mobile View Default on Desktop

Please stop desktop browsing from randomly defaulting to the mobile site

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "You Are Live" Popup

I go by Goldendexter on Mixer. While I am livestreaming, whenever I open up other channel windows, I get this "you are live" popup that I have to exit out of. I would like way to turn this off as it slows down my productivity. Thanks.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I need to share this: What makes mixer a worse experience than the other stream service

What makes it worse is the homepage is realllly messy. I mean it actually isn't but why can't the one you follow or are subscribed to be right on the front page? This is what is killing everything for me and my experience. The other stream service has all the followed streamers on the side and i can jump straight to them. It's a lot more user friendly guys. Fix it so mixer gets something similar to this too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Replay interface feedback

More of a quality of life improvement.
    It would be very helpful if fast-forwarding replay using the arrow keys fast-forward a shorter interval. It would also be a lot cooler if users are allowed to use hotkeys after clicking full screen. I often find myself not being able to use hotkeys after full-screening

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. follow/favorite games

adding the ability to follow/favorite games so that u have a way to easily find ppl streaming that specific game

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Adding a theater mode would really boost my experience

I like the idea of audio only mode, however, I like to watch the streams on my second monitor with chat, I cannot have chat in fullscreen mode, and non-fullscreen mode is really small. I would love it if there were a mode to remove all the unnecessary screen space in place of making the stream bigger, and keeping chat. image for reference

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. pinball

There should be a general PINBALL category. Twitch has a general PINBALL category so that anyone who searches for PINBALL will get people streaming any sort of physical pinball machines. The categories now are a hodge podge of video games.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Inviting Color

Here is the reason why Mixer doesn't take off compared to Twitch.

Its the color.

Mixer's color is cold blue which creates a freezing feeling while Twitch has purple color which is a warm color and more inviting and pleasant.

You should experiment with more warmer colors to make Mixer more inviting.

And one more thing...when there will be an app for Nvidia Shield or Android Tv?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. picture in picture

Can you make a picture in picture sort of feature on desktop so when we are watching a streamer, their stream stays up but in PIP mode so we can continue to watch and listen while we see what else is out there? Currently if I try to browse, I lose whatever streamer I am watching completely. I apologize if this is already a feedback, but I stopped looking for it after page 2.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. No Matching Games Found - Manual Input of Specific Game

Have an option to type a specific game instead of relying on the "most popular" or "well-known" ones. If you type in that specific game you're greeted with "No matching games found" in the game you're streaming and have to revert to one of the "known" ones, which is falsely advertising the game/software you're streaming. Or have the option to add a game.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Sparks? Embers? WTF IS THIS?!

Can you please make a page that explains how your platform works? There are embers? and sparks? Skills? I have no idea what these are or how they work. That you have no page explaining anything on your platform is to be blunt, incredibly stupid and aggravating. Your accessibility is flat out nonexistent to anyone not already very familiar with streaming. No, I'm not going to spend weeks in chat asking people how everything works and hoping I get good info. That is YOUR JOB! and you are failing horribly. YOU ARE FAILING! WHY DO YOU NOT HAVE THIS?! FIX…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. black bars when watching 16:9 content on 16:10/4:3

Right now when watching a stream on fullscreen the bars are grey. It would be nice that the bars would be black. It would be a lot less distracting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Pin Your Fav Content!

I think being able to quickly access your favorite categories would be a helpful addition to the mixer mobile app.
    I like checking out the art section but its sometimes at the bottom of the list so pinning it would be a great way for people who enjoy their favorite content to quickly get to it and explore more creators!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. A more orderly and clear interface

That when we enter the application it is clearer to see our favorite streamer or games.
    Clearer also the personalization of our profile and avatar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Search

I hate the fact that you can only search for channels and not specific titles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fix/add plz

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. facecam

why dont seperate the Facecam window. Put them beside the Game window so the HUD is fully visible and in fullscreen let the user decide where the cam should be. Maybe the user can close the Facecam window or resize.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. More video stats for streams (and VODs)

The current "Video stats" overlay only shows information usable for you to debug.

Maybe show a bunch of stats that could be useful for us as viewers. Stuff like bitrate, seconds of buffered video, dropped frames, resolution and so on.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Search

Search functionality

Hi,
    My username contains underscores in lieu of spaces (because you can't have spaces for whatever reason). My channel is fitandlocal but when I search 'fit and Local' it doesn't come up. My channel only appears in search if I use the underscores. This really hinders discoverability because if someone tries to search for me (perhaps after seeing my content on other sites), they aren't realistically going to put the underscores in.

What I'm asking is: is this a bug, or is it running as intended? And are there any plans to change this or allow…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Xbox mixer update

The new intergration for mixer on xbox1 is terrible it says 20% faster. The view delay is from 8sec to 11 sec so joining giveaways is impossible. There is no host button, no mixplay interaction button and you cant use the sticker that are linked with channel subs. If you try to use <3 in chat or any other short command it shows as symbols and not the desired heart etc. I have limited use of a laptop so I watch and interact with my fav partnered content makers from my xbox. This now has pushed me to use mobile…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sync Subscriber role to discord

When adding Discord to mixer i'd like it if you could have the bot to sync the viewers into different roles.

I.e if a follower clicks on the link you can currently sync it to be a follower(or equivalent) role in discord. But I'd really love to see this be also applied separately for subscribers and maybe even viewers.

Basically what i aim for is a system of dividing into separate role ranks to motivate people to go the extra steps, and i'm pretty sure a lot of people would love to see this as well.

And also as a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base