Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Offline Last Broadcast Time Notice

Such as this example. Timezone can be set in options.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Pause button way too close to time bar

The pause button is way too close to the time bar. So many times ive accidentally hit the start of the time bar instead of the pause button. It's infuriating as it restarts the video. Im using a Surface Pro 3 tablet. Maybe make it pause by tapping anywhere in the video.
    Please pass this onto the right department. Thanks.
    Luke

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. New Channel Layout Difficult to See

Hello there, with the massive change to Mixer, I've noticed that the UI on channels has also changed... or rather, I would like to notice, but things are very difficult to find and see now. Most especially the follower count, a very important number to us streamers, took me ages to find and it's extremely difficult to see with how small it is and how much the colour of the numbers blends in with the background.

I know I'm not the only one with poor sight who's struggling to read some of the numbers due to the size of colour…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Age Rating on Page itself

I would love it if we had next to the Follow/sub button right in between that & the Follow count was an Age rating so you see it at all times when you get into the channel instead of missing the flash that its a mature stream while loading in to the page.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Clicking on stream - Interactive 2.0

It would be great if viewers could click on the stream and if we could get a normalized value (x, y coords, ranging from 0 to 1) of the click event together with the User ID. This would allow automated point & click games, as well as more advanced integrations of your choice.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Scrollbars on Firefox

Chrome users got nice transparent scrollbars. It would be great to see them also on Firefox.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Timer/Stopwatch

Beam should have a Timer/Stopwatch feature in order to allow speedrunners to get involved more in the platform. The time should be visible on screen to viewers so they too can keep track of current goals

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. On-screen random number generator

I would quite enjoy an On-screen random number generator for things like giveaways. The maximum number should be changeable and the viewers should be able to see the result on stream

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Blacklist games on browser tab

I think it would be great an option to blacklist games on the Browser tab, so any viewer could just stop seeing channels playing certain games they don't ever want to watch.
    As simple as: I want to blacklist CS:GO, then no channel playing CS:GO at that precise moment will appear when browsing for streams.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Broadcast info bar

Broadcast info bar should controlled to be horizontal or vertical , also give us option to move it manually by keep moving the stick so we can put it on best position , kindly make an option transparency option

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. traduzir para o Português do Brasil

colocar a opção de outro idioma, pois não consigo entender nada, do que adianta eu transmitir do meu Xbox e não conseguir fazer nada mais depois disso!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Browse Area - Feedback for changes

Hello, I would like to see some changes to how we all find streamers to watch. I think it is important to allow easier browsing based on needs and wants, for example

Page that shows a list of games rather than side bar - Can sort by A-Z, Popularity, views, ratings etc
    Select by platform - Ability to choose what platform they are streaming from. Xbox, PS4, PC, Switch etc etc
    By County - Find new streamers based on country.

Any other suggestions please feel free to comment below and let me know your views

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Web Interface is unreasonable heavy on limited hardware

The web Interface is unreasonable demanding, due to heavy use of javascript and such, or so I suspect. I cannot claim to be an expert.
    Personally I'm unable to use the interface and am left with the option of watching through a local player, as I fear spontaneous combustion otherwise, which is of course not a very interactive experience.
    In other words, there are demanding 3d games that are less heavy on my laptop.
    Now my hardware is admittedly rather limited, but still, this is extreme, and I would suggest that you make it a priority to reduce the impact…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Player auto vertically center 21:9 streams

21:9 streams, when displayed on a 16:9 monitor, orient the actual stream to the bottom of the player div. The issue here is that 21:9 streams end up leaving nearly 2 inches of room between the top of the player div and the start of the stream.

Twitch, as an example, vertically centers the stream so it has a more letterbox feel.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. More Embeddable options

As a 3rd party web developer, it would be nice to have the options to change the background and global text colours of the expendables, also including transparent for the background, as it's hard to make fancy websites work with the Beam blue background without it looking like garbage, as an example, I manually edited the frames... https://ss.mrvdog.com/298Og3uF5p.raw

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. List Streamer Name in Pop-Out Chat Window

I'll sometimes use the pop-out chat window feature to have it within another screen while listening to the audio and working and not watching the video.

It would be great to have somewhere in the pop-out chat window have the streamers name somewhere (either maybe in the window title, or just persistently at the top?). If I have a lot of windows open, I sometimes get confused by which chat I'm talking in. =P

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. abitly

Will be great to add an option to turn off the streaming notification bar along with the ability to move it around the screen as sometimes it comes over subtitles. I never streamed with twitch on Xbox One as comes a banner on the screen "Now Broadcasting" and is very annoying. Hopefully the feature to switch off streaming banner will be implemented soon.
    Thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Games in network page

The network page should have the listed game on the streamers that are online. As I go through an extensive list of online streamers, it would be beneficial if I could rapidly see what games they are playing. That way I can decide if I a interested in watching them play that game without having to open all the streams in different tabs.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. kee

Keep the navigation interface specific to one part of the screen. Currently navigation is on the left, top, and right of the website and it confuses new users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Chromebook Resolutions

I wanted to note that the attached picture is how a normal Beam livestream looks on chromebooks set to their default resolution (1366x768) when the streamer has a soundboard set. It's ok, but I feel like it could be better! I thought I'd bring it up since this will be an increasingly common usecase for streaming as more public schools start rolling out Chromebook-based programs for all their students. (Also, shoutout to Prims! <3)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base