Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Genre Search and Tags

I would really like to see a genre search option on the Mixer streams page, so viewers can easily search tags such as "racing" "sports" "simulation" "MMO" "BR" "RPG" "story" "single Player" Multiplay" etc.. Streamers themselves could add these tags to their stream title, in a similar style to what you can do on steam when searching for games. Rather than viewers having to search for individual titles themselves. This would help streamers massively, especially those , such as myself, trying to build a community around lesser genres that traditionally do better on Twitch.It would also get less well known…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hello everyone, I think that lightstream mixer studio should be free for everyone and not just mixer pro members or people with partnerships

Hello everyone, I think that lightstream mixer studio should be free for everyone and not just mixer pro members or people with partnerships, it isn't fair because most people don't have a partnership or have mixer pro. I think it would make stronger communities and more people would stream. Also smaller steamers like me would be able to make higher quality streams.

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. "You Are Live" Popup

I go by Goldendexter on Mixer. While I am livestreaming, whenever I open up other channel windows, I get this "you are live" popup that I have to exit out of. I would like way to turn this off as it slows down my productivity. Thanks.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Search

I hate the fact that you can only search for channels and not specific titles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fix/add plz

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. double click fullscreen

Double click video to go fullscreen.

It would be great if I could make a stream fullscreen by using my mouse via double click, like in any video player.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Better use of screen real estate ideas [Mixplay and Cinematic mode]

Mixer's anniversary site theme doesn't use space well. I'm personally on a 21" display with VSR upscaling my resolution to 1920x1080.

1. The top and bottom bars on the site create annoying letterboxing that doesn't need to be there on the sides. reducing the viewing area.

solution 1- Add a "cinematic mode" this would be just the chat and the stream using as much real estate as possible. with a togglable OVERLAYED Mixplay option. [Reference image "cinematic.png"]

Solution 2- lower the stream bar with the follow and name under the stream (we know who we're watching) and have the top…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. [iOS] Don't always autoscroll chat to new message

Right now if you try and scroll the chat to read certain messages, the chat view gets moved to the bottom each time a new chat is posted.

The behavior should be changed to:
    - If you are at the bottom of the chat view then move the chat down to the new message when a new message is posted
    - If you are NOT at the bottom of the chat then don't move the chat when a new message is posted

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Different Featured Tabs for Paid Slots/Companies and Streamers

In the past few months, I've noticed that Featured slots are more often than not taken by companies than actual streamers. Realm Royale, for example, took up a featured slot every day for weeks. Mix that semi-permanent slot with other events/games and it can take up almost the entire featured carousel. These observations come not too long after the changes to the featured algorithm that were supposed to greatly improve the chances of a streamer being featured. Having these featured slots taken up, and for such a long time, hurt the exposure and possibilities for streamers trying to grow.

If…

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. picture in picture

Can you make a picture in picture sort of feature on desktop so when we are watching a streamer, their stream stays up but in PIP mode so we can continue to watch and listen while we see what else is out there? Currently if I try to browse, I lose whatever streamer I am watching completely. I apologize if this is already a feedback, but I stopped looking for it after page 2.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Panels below stream

We need to get something atleast close to what twitch has when it’s panels below stream. It’s honestly probably my biggest gripe with mixer currently. Twitch makes it super easy to describe your channel, say what rewards/benefits(emotes etc etc) you get for subbing to the channel, describe yourself and your channel(about me), have links & descriptions for sponsors etc etc. Mixer is severely lacking on this aspect currently and it would be a huge step in the right direction. It was a big hurdle for me to finally get over and make the move to mixer myself so I know…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. time zones

Mixer should create a scheduling feature for the about section of a channel.
    streamers enter their time zone and the times they stream, like "21:00 - 00:00 CEST Monday - Fridays" and then this scheduling feature automatically converts these times to the viewers time zone. so they know when to watch. because for example German time doesnt mean anything to you when you are in america!
    This could have a big impact on building a viewerbase, because on my channel ( https://mixer.com/SilasTV ) i am from germany and i tell them the times im on, most people dont know what…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Filtering Games Out From Front-page

I feel like there should be a filter option to remove certain games from the front-page so that it is easier to discover new streamers / games you wouldn’t really see. For example I would like the ability to hide fortnite and Pubg streams. I feel this would both benefit the viewer and streamer in terms of discovery.

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. arabic language

hi guys .. your platform is great the ideas on it is awesome , but for me and more like me need arabic language i think it should be supported since there are so many who speak this language

i hope that this paltform grows rapidly and also support my language in the same time :)
    thanks

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. In-app donations

Mixer really needs some kind of native donation tool like how Youtube has Super chats and twitch has bits.

3rd party donation sites require viewers to leave the stream, which means they might miss something. They're also not as secure, people can chargeback paypal donations and put financial strain on the streamer. This is why many streamers aren't comfortable taking them.

Plus, it encourages donations by allowing mixer to give small benefits to people who donate. Like how superchats let you pin a comment to the top of chat, or how bits give you a special chat badge.

Finally it…

124 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Emotes

Emotes for Mixer, it would a great idea if the emotes on Mixer were Bigger, separated for example if you are a sub on any channel, the emotes show separated from the rest, not bigger as a sticker but something more visible for all of us, I can barely see the emotes on the chat, plus it will give to all those artist a chance to work for commission and to offer to our subscribers special and beautiful emotes for our channels

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. french translation

The french translation of your website are sometimes really strange or even inappropriate.
    Just one exemple : "following" translate by "suivant" in the navbar means "next one" in french... And there are other translations like this.

So, can you improve the french translation ?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add current hosting channel name to "unhost"

Let's say I'm hosting channel A.
    Currently I'm watching channel B.

It would be nice to have the "unhost" button display the name of the channel I'm currently hosting.
    This would allow me to decide if i want to host channel B over channel A without having to go to my own home page to check what channel A was again.

Best regards,
    Ronald

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add Channel Description Image from PC

You most add this, like how cant we not add image file from PC. Why from a URL only!!.

This is by far the most un-user friendly site.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Enable the website menu to scale correctly

When I reduce the browser window size it cuts the menu bars rather than scaling them down. This essentially cuts off half the menu bar.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add Artist Related Links to Profile

We artists have different websites that would be useful to link on our profile like ArtStation.com and Deviantart.com

Both are major websites used by artists as portfolios and would love to see some support for them!

136 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base