Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Follow a specific game

We should have the ability to follow a particular game and have it appear in our feed. Instead of having to scroll through the games list, or search for it every time.

This could go along with a more customizable feed/UI.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Don't display channels you're already following in the "Recommended For You" section

It would be nice if the "Recommended For You" channel showed you streamers on the platform that you are not currently following. Currently, the "Following" and "Recommended For You" are not mutually exclusive categories on the home page, meaning that visitors will occasionally see a stream twice, which takes away from the potential exposure of different streamers which I'm not already following.

This can be seen in the attached screenshot:

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Train our Recommend For You AI

I have seen that the AI that chooses the Recommend section keeps showing me games that I am not interested in at all.

My suggestion would be to add a couple of fields and a link.

Field: Why is this recommended: This will inform us why the AI thinks we would like this particular content. In the same way that Steam makes recommendations such as tags, or new partner, or whatever.

Give us a link to train the bot. I have no interest in game X, if the AI shows me game X I can click a link next to…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Mixer front page clean up suggestion (with a photo example)

So one of the big issues with the front page is there is just too much. We have sections that already have dedicated tabs at the top of the page at all times. We also have sections that don't really see much traffic such as Hypezone and In case you missed it. There is also a lack of discoverability for new games. Up & Coming is back, but its so far down the page and doesn't have the option to "See All". I didn't want to do a complete revamp of the UI with this simply to cut the excess…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Hypezone for Modern Warfare

I would like to see a hypezone for the new Call of Duty: Modern Warfare dropping tonight! I think many will be playing this game, therefore making it a great game to have hypezone.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Consistent Renew button experience

Currently, there are two different experiences for Subscribing to a partner (at least on PC).

Subscribe - Appears when user is subbing for the first time, or if their subscription runs out.

Renew - Appears when user's subscription is almost expired (up to 0 days remaining).

Currently, the Subscribe experience works well by giving users different methods of payment (PayPal, Credit Card, Gift Code).

But, the Renew experience is jarring. It opens a modal that only allows the user to resub through the Microsoft store. Not only that, when the user tries to look for other methods to resub by…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Co Stream Viewer priority

It would be good if when watching an Co-Stream, you could resize and move the individual video streams, So for example i could make the streamer I clicked on Larger than the streams of the co-streamers. Right now with 3 streamers i have 2 small windows and 1 large, but the streamer i want to watch is in the smaller window.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Mixer on Xbox Dashboard with FTL

Like viewing Mixer on the Xbox Dashboard however when viewing streams there is no FTL. Everything is at a 30 sec delay as compared to the app where you can enable FTL.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Error adding image of team icon inside mixer

Please fix the bug of the teams we created inside the mixer, we are having problems adding an icon. Could you please check? thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Embers/Sparks display

I think it would be nice if we could see our Embers and Sparks count on the main bar at the top of the stream next to the 'Get Embers' button and the bell or along the top.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. theater mode.

theater mode.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Interactive Overlays for Escape from Tarkov

Interactive Overlays for Escape from Tarkov
    Give the viewers a button to press that will pull out our current load out and allow them to hover over items to see what we are using. Also, you could implement a "loot drop" system for kills that we get, rewarding viewers for watching.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Click usernames to visit their channel

It's SO ANNOYING when you want to quickly visit another user, and you want to click their username to get to their page, but instead, you have to go through a multi step process to get to their channel.
    I'd love for you to implement that clicking someones (anyones!) name, would take you straight to their page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Front Page update concept

Below is a collection of thoughts that are somewhat jumbled so I included a picture of what I think is a step in the right direction without an entire overhaul to the front page.

The current front page is full of unnecessary sections. Why is there a following on the front page when we have a tab at the top? Why is "Top Streams" on the front page when the "browse" tab takes you to top streams? Hypezone has become irrelevant and stale. Partner spotlight would be better off as something used on social media to highlight different partners weekly.Based…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Stop Using Player.me as a game Database

We need a better game database for directory listings. Player.me takes forever to update when you try to manually add a game and sometimes they never get added at all. If you want to stream a lesser known or new indie game, chances are there won't be a directory listing for that game.

Sites like Giantbomb.com have constantly updated Wiki entries for every game imaginable and using a database such as that would be much better for Mixer.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Broadcast Overlay

The broadcast overlay when it comes to streaming on the Xbox One. Hiding the chat is good and all, but you should be able to make the broadcast bar transparent or a red dot so people still know they're streaming. Smaller streamers might get discouraged when they're constantly looking at the broadcast bar while streaming and seeing they have no viewers. Either make the bar transparent or give us the option to hide the bar or make it so that there's always a small red dot to let the person know that they're still live.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Tick tok mode for Mixer

The best moment of Video games ! (Tick tok for Video game)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. If you are competing in an industry where audience are age 12-35 you need strategy to think like them

The first feedback i want to give to mixer is to overhaul their UI. The color scheme is really bad. No matter how good the platform is, it is unintuitive, does not look appealing. It's almost like a plating from Michellin star restaurant vs occassional home cook.
    I showed both (twitch vs mixer) websites to my friend who have no clue what streaming is, and their first feedback was how easy and intuitive the twitch UI was. Everything was simple. Color scheme was easy to read and navigating was simple. The color palette almost made it feel like they are…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Clearer browse section (+ picture exemple)

The search bar is a waste of space and should be displayed inside the nav bar instead.

Also in that search bar, you should be able to search thru channels and categories as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Categories as default page when connected

the "/browse/categories" route should maybe showen as a default page when the user is logged in. As a new comer the home page feel very overloaded.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 26 27
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base