Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cosplay

Mixer Really Needs a Craft area or / Cosplay area for people like me that want to stream craft/cosplay stuff. I don't really want to add myself to the art section because its not art that im working on its a cosplay / props.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow for Staff members to use Sub emotes for free

Staff members get to use sub emotes for the stream (presuming the channel is partnered) they are currently in, therefore allowing for more integration between the community and staff - as well as giving them extra rewards for working and helping make Mixer what it is.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Mixer and Big Tournaments

I think it would be a good thing to Mixer to make a deal with the organizers of LOL and CSGO big tournament like CSGO Majors and maybe LOL Finals!
    I hope you like the idea and if you do please upvote it!
    Cheers Ed ;)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. refer a friend

I think there should be a refer a friend style program. I love the site but a lot of people just scoff at any streaming service that isn't twitch. For example, at 50 friends referred with over 10 hours watched, receive a free subscription for the channel of your choosing or some other benefits/perks. I want mixer to get bigger and I think this would be a great benefit to the community to get your friends on the site with you.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Streaming for EDU -related focus/content in gaming.

Streaming for EDU -related focus/content in gaming.
    We do not, as of yet, have a platform for educators who teach through gaming. I would LOVE to see a 'Mixer.edu' site or category for us educators who are trying to stream to a very specific audience with games that are adjusted for learning through play. Since Mixer is now a Microsoft product ... I had hoped to see this sooner, rather than later. So please please please throw this (literally) into the dev mix! I think it would go over well, help us in the #MinecraftEDU community, and help push our…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Low to High Views layout

Having the Streams filtered from lowest viewers would help small streamers get exposure.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Could you guys make a link to facebook and other medias so that it notifies the the other medias that im broadcasting

Could you guys make a link to facebook and other medias so that it notifies the the other medias that im on/ also could you have a straight upload to youtube that also brakes the videos up to 15mins for you?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Have a Annual Mixer Award

Once a year mixer should have a annual mixer award for different categories like best stream,best sound board,best music etc.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Encourage viewers to watch streams with only a few viewers

I originally posted this on Twitter and they suggested I post it here.

You guys should run a campaign to encourage regular viewers to give 5 minutes of their viewing time to a random streamer with few viewers. You could call it "give it 5".

This wouldn't need to be an option in the interface, more of an initiative to encourage viewer participation.

This would have the benefits of helping new streamers, help people get over the stigma of watching a stream with 0 viewers and introduce viewers to streams they might otherwise not find.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Promote someone New on the top of each genre of gaming

So im slightly fed up at seeing the same person at the top of Pubg, Minecraft, etc like it not helping people grow at all. I feel like mixer needs to change it up abit for example at the top of the gaming section
    for example minecraft it could be maybe the top person right now in viewers, someone from the middle of the section and someone at the bottom with not alot of viewers to help mix it up a bit

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Voting

Since Matt already uses discord server to ask for viewers opinion... You guys could create voting system in mixer itself: Like A tiny poll in the main page or something. The file I am attaching: Voting poll which is pinned on the right side of random website. People vote for a month or something and later it closes. Results are shown for a while until another poll is created. Community would participate in Mixer development.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I HATE Watching This Week on Xbox Live on Mixer!

Before the big update in September, the notification for the show would always appear on the Xbox dashboard. Simple and effective. Now it's just a pain **********. Since I never see it on the new dashboard I had to follow the show on Mixer. And the notifications show up on my PC and email but not on the Xbox. The worse part is actually trying to watch it. If I try to watch it on Mixer, it just starts playing from some random point in the show and there is no way to rewind it or start it from the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Mixer really needs a

I hate to take an idea from another platform like Twitch but I would love it if Mixer made a built in channel panel where the streamer and maybe Mods can type updates for the streams instead of it being on Twitter or a Discord channel. Would be a great thing for when regulars or maybe even new viewers come in and see that stream is delayed or that there is an ongoing giveaway etc. So you don't have to spam social media outlets and it makes it to where you can keep your viewers updated on your stream/channel. Kind…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. photography

I would love to see a photography channel for photo editing! Breaking out from the art category would be great for photographers wanting to stream their editing sessions!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. HypeZone for ARK: SOTF

Make a HypeZone for ARK: Survival Of The Fittest. I love ark, and that would get me (and others) to play SOTF more often!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Health reminder

We could tweak "health reminder" thingy on mixer for it to remind not only to the ones who stream, but also to the ones who watch streams. It would be awesome if I could set up reminder to get up from my chair, walk a little and come back to watching streams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Double exp weekend

As a person who has been apart of mixer since the earlier days i have always loved the exp system it made watching streams like a game plus the interactive always helped lol my idea is to have a double exp weekend. i know most of us get this already with "Mixer pro" but hey maybe it could stack ;) as a lv115 i grind is becoming almost unbearable lol

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Creative

A more conspicuous, more descriptive sorting system for creative streams. "Webshow" is not enough. A whole "creative" section, with subcategories, would make us easier to find, and just feel better! "Enter game" feels bad when you're cooking or building or crafting. Creative streams are serious business!! ;) but really, it would be nice if we were more visible. I still get "I've been on this site for over a year and I had no idea there were cooking streams on here" comments!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add a Mobile Category

Add a Mobile Category. Right now there is no good streaming service that helps promote streamers who focus on the mobile genre. With new games coming out the platform is growing and has shown to be a fruitful lace for users to watch their favourite mobile content creators. I remember having over 10k views and over 100 concurrent viewers an a mobile only platform. "If you build it, they will come" Maybe with some promotion...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base