Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pop-up a "Family Friendly" notification on stream load.

Just like Mature channels have a pop-up when you join them, letting you know it's a mature stream, having an optional pop-up like this that tells new visitors "This is a Family Friendly stream", using green as the colors instead of orange.

It could be a check-box next to the Family Friendly/Mature drop-box, that is forced "on" if you select Mature.

This could be a good reminder for people to be mindful in chat, instead of me having to warn people when they come in and assume they can behave in a "mature" manner...

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Idea for streamer

How about for the streamer, give the streamer the option to not allow viewers who are in Lurk Mode to view stream/join chat?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Weekly or monthly analytic emails

It would be nice if we could get a weekly analytic email or even a monthly one.

To see channel followers within that time, growth, etc. It would make it a lot easier than having to use the analytics page for general information between selecting dates and such.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. More custumization

I am new to beam i like the community and i am thinking of switch over from twitch.

I think however that are to less possebillity's in channel art for a start i thought atleast you would have banner options but there is not. Also somethimg like twitch tabs would be nice especially as i can figure for the life of me out how to make my channel a bit nicer before i start.

Ofcours i am new and ill find out but still i thought i brought some of my thoughts to the table.

Have a great day and…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Xbox Logo and Mobile App Logo in Chat

Hi!

It would be cool if Xbox Viewers and Mobile App viewers had special symbols next to their name in chat. For example, Xbox Viewers have an Xbox logo beside their name and Mobile users have a cell phone beside their name so that streamers can better help them out or cater to their individual needs.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Request: OG Role

I was just thinking about the possibility of having some sort of 'OG' role for those who have supported Beam from the beginning, so the community can recognise them as being people who helped make Beam a thing

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Alphabetical search on chanells

Can the search chanells option to be more alphabetical ? f.x now if you click AL... for ALFieu you get names that have it in the word and not at the start of the name . Can the search start with all chanells that start with A ( show list) after AL ( cut names that dont start with AL on that list) and so on ?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add sports game tag

Able to select a game listed as Sports, just to show general Sports events.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Have something similar to YouTube introduction videos for streamers

So it was particularly popular at one stage to find a somewhat pinned video on someone's YouTube channel (sometimes called introductory videos). It still occurs today but the nature of YouTube has resulted in people "pinning" a video with a lot of views, or they want to promote a video... Livestreaming however is different. If you limit the time for the intro video, people won't be able to upload a whole stream, they can upload a snippet of a stream, but that is their choice.

If it is to be used properly we could see videos with a physical introduction…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. language of presentation of channel

Can we stream to a specific language audience ?

If so can we have the option to have multiple language channel presentations (the channel on the language we are presenting )

1 channel per language we want to stream to. Yes it takes more resources but it's personalized for the specific audience the streamer wants to stream to into their own language.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. check on how long you followed a stream

i would like a way on how to check to see when you started to follow the streamer

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. New Follower Email

I think it would be cool if we could get an email when someone new follows the channel.

Also a weekly digest that shows how we performed that week in comparison to the previous week, i.e:

You gained 5 followers and streamed for 24 hours compared to last week where you got 1 follower and streamed for 2 hours.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hiding Controls Placement

The placement of the hide controls button in my opinion isn't that great. It should be placed right underneath the stream video. Having it there would make it easier to click instead having to scroll down just to enable or disable the controls when you want to use a interactive button. Not everyone wants to watch the stream in that small resolution window.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. chachannel description

channel description in need of a total revamp I have spent more time working on it then streaming it is in no way user friendly. images need to not be stuck to a web source i make my own but only way to get it to add the image it to have it hosted on the web then if its not sized right it start all over. the resize of some thing don't work when its saved it goes back to the source size there needs to be a way to use something like adobe or gimp to design the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. New user

more user friend interface for streamers that are setting up their page later on down the road because its kinda confusing to get it set up if you dont know nothing about html

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Global Toggle - Hide Controls and Low Latency

Ability to have global toggle for both of those.
    After recent major update Hide Controls is put into last spot i would check, horrible design idea. And when its checked there is no way to bring those controls back without restarting whole thing.
    I dont know what exactly was idea with Low Latency option, but it doesnt work for me, at all. Absolutely every steam with this option on is in state of perpetual loading. Turn it off and everything works just fine(most of the time).
    So, id like to see an option, in account options, to toggle those two…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. channel offline, about streamer short video

when a stream is offline (and not hosting) play a short (5min or less) video about the channel/streamer (made by the streamer)

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Embed iframe with hosted streamers :D

Now embed iframe publish only our channel.

Add feature with publish hosted channel on out websites etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Multiple descriptions for mobile/web

So loads of streamers use images in their descriptions but they don't work on mobile. For that reasons many streamers add a text version of their description underneath the image one. Wouldn't it be better to have 2 separate descriptions? 1 for mobile and 1 for web?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base