Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Change the username policy

Can we have discussion about the username not being allowed to have certain words in them? i have had my gamertag for over 5 years now, all of my social media accounts all have the name, except as of about an hour ago, mixer. my channel name was, imabada**iknow, i am a pro member and i subscribe to other channels, and while i was in the middle of stream with 30 new people (not sure where they all came from) my name got changed to like fluffybunny (numbers) i inquired about it and was informed it is against the PG…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Game Backgrounds for all major games

Would be awesome if there was at least 1 background for each major game streamed on Mixer. PUBG, Fortnite, ARK (ones that don't exist yet), and others.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Personal mixer feed

You can click on a channel and basically get a feed and info but I think it'd be nice if their were tabs at the top with specifically: info, VODS, Highlights, message and posts make these drop down menu's or just whole pages, keep the home page as just the stream and chat even if offline but instead of scrolling up and down make those buttons visible from the top or side(bigger if offline) Info tab can be the info section below we have right now but we'd be able to put links in and personalise it way more, VODS…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Halloween Badge

For Halloween we should get a little Pumpkin or a little Ghost badge that would be featured on our profile!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Bring Back Old RTMP

Lets get rid of HLS and bring back the old RTMP which had a 1 or 2 second delay!

FTL is so unstable and wonky but no one wants to go back to RTMP cause of HLS. Lets remove it and bring the old system back! And have stable streams and audio.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. sub and follow

There should be a Follow and SUB button to partners you feature in Chanelone, so the viewers could follow and sub to that partner straight from that page, the same when you host someone else there are those options on screen. thank you Mi><erLove

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Unlisted Channels

With the FTL protocol, it would be great for people to use beam as an alternative for live commentary with a group, such as Let's Plays. Additionally, unlisted channels could provide people who want to have a stream only accessible to their friends without worrying about troll raids.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Mark mature streams on the channel list

Basically you can't see weather a channel is for mature audiences or not when you're browsing the channel list unless the streamer plays something mature that shows up in the preview (which based on a setting maybe should be invisible) or the title says so.

My suggestion is: either with a symbol or a color, make it clear that the channel is mature.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Viewer count visible in header + pop-out chat even when stream is offline.

Would be great to see how many peeps are hanging out in a channel, waiting in anticipation for a stream to begin. It would be tedious to manually count larger audiences.

Over and out!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Channel One Plus Brazil

We are in need of a Channel One Plus Brazil - Portuguese so partners can reach public with Mature games.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. People want CLIPS

People need to save their favorite streamer moments. Moments must be remembered, not just being forgotten by the public as it happen. People need to watch their favorite moments again. People coming from other platforms, like Twitch, are used to having this option, and it's disappointing not to have it on this platform, being as good as it is.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Private mixer channel

It would be great to be able to set your mixer channel to private so that only your friends can watch your streams and only your friends can chat with you. Similar to Facebook or Instagram where as you can only follow/watch their streams if the owner of the channel accepts your follow request. This would protect younger teens a lot more who want to share their gaming experience with their friends but their parents don't want random ppl from around the world chatting with their children that might lead them astray and ask to much from the teenage streamer.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Host

Can you fix the sound and hosting switches so the sound doesn't cover up the host button can you move the little control back over next to the name for hosting so when you try to host you don't activate the sound there's a picture of what I'm talking about

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. HypeZone

I think Hypezone would be allot more enetertaining if you set requirements for getting into the HypeZone. Ex. Microphone and webcam. There are to many of these type of streamers that get into the hypzone that dont have either and 90 percent of streamers that have these requirements are going to more entertaining and active with there veiwers and make the channel overall more entertaining. In my own opinion.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. hypezone

Hypezone Call Of Duty

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Group people you follow

I couldn't find any other suggestions for this, though I did find one close. So, my apologies if this has actually been suggested before.

I would really like a way to group the streamers I follow. For example, setup one group of streamers I know personally, or another group for streamers who live in my city, or streamers who play my favourite game or a specific game. It would help to make my list more manageable.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Limits on Hypezone

Limits on fortnite hypezone.

Ok first off hypezone is great. But it has some major problems. I know a majority of that people that watch it at this point are just watching to find quality streamers to watch outside of it. Or other streamers to network with. The problem??? its goes through the same people nightly. I see the same probably 50-80 streamers on its constantly. At this point it never seems to rotate to new streamers. I know a ton of people that get it 5-8 times nightly. Also a ton of people that expect to get it 5-8…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Team background on channel

I think this could be a very useful idea. Being able to select one of your 3 (or 4 if partner) team’s custom backgrounds, if they have one, and being able to use that as a channel background/wallpaper. Even more ways to represent your primary (or other) teams!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Dark souls hypezone

Basically I was thinking that since dark souls remaster is would be the perfect time for a dark souls hypezone that does all of the dark souls games but is for really cool challenge runs or just cool things in the dark souls community. PRAISE THE SUN!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base