Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. VIP Role

Streamers right now can only assign one role to individuals (mod) so if they want to keep special track of an individual they could use a new color to "VIP" someone. So that you can better communicate to the mods who is actually a mod instead of trying to have mods have to informally know who is an "actual mod" and who is an "honorary mod"

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show my channel live when I host someone

Hello, I think it would be a great idea to show my channel live, when I host someone. Many times people host with no actually viewers but its heartwarming that people take the time to host you. So if you host someone and it shows you live people would come and see what's going on and potentially help the person being hosted.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Merge Hosted Channel Chats

Here on Mixer we are encouraged to be a community. One big way to do so if by hosting channels when we are offline. Which is great! Yet, a lot of hosts fall flat because the chats are not merged. Many times (even if I put the link of whom I’m hosting in my chat) I see viewers trying to interact with the person I just hosted. Yet, feel ignored cause they do not realize that you have to enter their channel’s chat in order to communicate with them.

This is especially true for viewers on Xbox. They have even…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Current Platform Selection

To complement the current game selection, a current platform could be added.

This would allow viewers to see what platform the streamer is currently playing their set game on.

This will reduce the number of questions in chat such as "xbox or pc" and generally reduce chat clutter.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Costream Chat Colours

CyborgJellyfish

The costream bots can be hard to differentiate between. Especially in a room full of moderators. From a streamers' angle, the wall of green names can get a bit tricky to read.

I would like to see a feature where bots like Scorpbot, HypeBot, etc which are used in multiple channels could have set colours. For example, the costream host could have a lighter green than is used for moderators? I don't know the best colour selection since colourblind accessibility obviously is an issue. Even being able to change the text colour of the costream bots' message itself would…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Have something similar to YouTube introduction videos for streamers

So it was particularly popular at one stage to find a somewhat pinned video on someone's YouTube channel (sometimes called introductory videos). It still occurs today but the nature of YouTube has resulted in people "pinning" a video with a lot of views, or they want to promote a video... Livestreaming however is different. If you limit the time for the intro video, people won't be able to upload a whole stream, they can upload a snippet of a stream, but that is their choice.

If it is to be used properly we could see videos with a physical introduction…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Longer stream titles

I would love to see the ability to have longer stream titles. The titles seem so limited compared to other streaming sites.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. adding launcher support

Adding launcher support: I had a friend mentioning it would be nice to add launcher support (curse, steam, etc.) so that when you log into a game via the launcher, it automatically updates your setgame command for your stream.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. ChannelOne back to normal

I would like channel one to revert back to the old style of hosting random streamers that deserve the spotlight of channel one. As of right now it only features Forza Horizon 4. This is having no effect on the Farms that exist and is being manipulated by partners to increase their view counts and inflate their numbers with hollow follows. These patners dont even look like they are enjoying themselves. one went as far as to actually have the title "milking it" Lets get Channel one back to its original purpose. a Channel that new viewers can hangout in…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. There should be a donation feature apart of mixer and not just streamlabs.

There should be a donation feature apart of mixer and not just streamlabs.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. A video uploading system and playlists

i like to see video uploading/pre-recorded videos feature or a playlist feature to organize your streams better. have a section where where you can watch video uploads. and a thing for playlist so you can organize past live streams and more.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Integrated OBS/Streamlabs/StreamJar

Why can’t we have an intergrated tool or app just for mixer. This app should have all the functionalities of OBS/Streamlabs/StreamJar so I can have a customer overlay, alerts, pop ups, scenes. This will set Mixer more apart from Twitch and Youtube FTL and able to custom set up you stream without leaving Mixer? This could possibly cut time streamers are leaving Mixer to make their streams more attractive to viewers

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Duel Follow Button When You Co-Stream!?!?!?

Hey, please make a Duel follow button when you Co-Stream... my mate has just gained 40 more followers and we were both duel streaming.

People don't realize they have to follow twice!

Cheers

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Analytics

While the analytics tab exists and I think it's a good start, I think it could be dramatically improved.

1. Analytics for your channel are provided only if you're on your channel in a web browser. Additionally, to see the analytics you must be streaming. In short, you're forcing a streamer to both watch their channel, all while trying to analyze the stream. If streamers are having problems with their channel and they're trying to decipher what is going wrong, or where the issues are coming from, watching your channel in the background to get the analytics in the foreground seems…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Xbox one paused stream screen

Could you possibly make it so when you pause a stream on Xbox one That it has a custom image when the stream is paused

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Gender neutral channel rating alert

Change the popup alert for mature streams from:
    "StreamerName has marked his stream as 18+!"
    to
    "StreamerName has marked their stream as 18+!"

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Craft

For Channel titles we could do Crafting, or if possible; crocheting, knitting, cosplay, needlework, ECT.

When streaming I have to use art and it ends up being misleading to those who want drawing and such.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add supporter badge

If a viewer is watching longer than 5 concurrent hours actively, they should automatically be assigned a supporter 'badge' so the broadcaster can know who is new to the stream and who's a long time viewer when the chat is flying by.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Highlight livestream

A constructive tip, in the mixer should have an option where you highlight the livestream you want to save on your channel, so much better for everyone.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base