Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Independant Volume Control for Different Streamer Supplied Audio Channels

A nice addition to the interactive ability for Mixer would be the ability to send the audio to the sit in multiple channels (limited to ~10) and then allow the user to control each channel independently per-channel so that the user would be able to use configure the audio best for their setup, so if someone doesn't like listening to the music the streamer is playing, they could disable just the "music" channel but not the "game" or "voice" channel for example, and the names of the channels would be displayed beside the slider for the volume, the names should…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Better Channel Info

I think a good improvement in terms of general site UI / UX would be an improved Channel Info page. As Twitch is Mixer's largest competitor, I'll use them as a comparison.

With Twitch, you have "Info Panels" that you can either fill with text / HTML markup, or have an image that links somewhere or (more recently) a live updating widget. This is all very powerful and customizable. Mixer only has one channel info box that is plain HTML. You can insert images if you like, but it's difficult to properly format and they have to already be hosted…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow Broadcasting of old Streams whilst Offline

The idea is that when you have streamed a few different games, the video and a log of those games remain, the Mixer studio should allow accounts (non-partnered aswell) to set a que option with old videos to automatically stream when you're offline. This would really help the southern hemisphere streamers to amass a following due to the different time-zones and site activity during those times.

Of course many inactive accounts will abuse this system as soon as they set up an account, considering the extra resources needed to keep these videos, it would be convenient for the developers at…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Merge Hosted Channel Chats

Here on Mixer we are encouraged to be a community. One big way to do so if by hosting channels when we are offline. Which is great! Yet, a lot of hosts fall flat because the chats are not merged. Many times (even if I put the link of whom I’m hosting in my chat) I see viewers trying to interact with the person I just hosted. Yet, feel ignored cause they do not realize that you have to enter their channel’s chat in order to communicate with them.

This is especially true for viewers on Xbox. They have even…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Category or Game Title for Narrators

Add category for readers / narrators / storytellers. My @CarringtonTV stream has to use Web Show or Other; it would be nice to have a "game title" or category for streams like mine, which involve a lot of book reading. I was happy to see the seasonal Horror Stories added for Halloween (pic attached) and I'll be using that for this weekend, but a permanent general one would be great. It would need an easy title, too. Horror Stories is perfect; an obvious search term. A general one might be trickier. Maybe several terms that all lead to the same…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Halloween Badge

For Halloween we should get a little Pumpkin or a little Ghost badge that would be featured on our profile!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. ALLOW STREAMERS TO BROADCAST LIVE USER CREATED CONTENT FROM THE XBOX ONE.

ALLOW STREAMERS TO BROADCAST LIVE / PRERECORDED USER CREATED CONTENT DIRECTLY FROM THE XBOX ONE.

XBOX ONE gamers want to host shows on their channels just like PC gamers without having to filter it through 20 different PC programs. UPLOAD STUDIO already has editing integration for making count downs and lists amongst other user created clips. While we're at it we should also have the ability to re-stream VoDs as it pertains to a current segment of a show. Maybe also integrate a commentary overlay for VoDs from the XBOX ONE as well. Yes all of this can be done…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. offline image transparency

make it possible for transparency to work with offline images, so that for example round or triangular offline images would be possible.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Game Pricing + Windows Store (Or Xbox Store) integration

It seems like a) people ask what game somebody is playing a lot, and b) how much the game is. Some streamers have their bots set up. But Mixer is in a unique position where they could integrate with Windows (+Xbox) stores. So if I'm watching on PC, while the streamer is on xbox, it would be great if there's a command I could use (or a button somewhere) where The game details (including price and a link directly into the store post). Similar to how the Xbox App does game purchases.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. VOD Playback and Notice System

Hello, Today is Thanks Giving in Canada and I was giving thanks for being part of mixer and wished I had started sooner! However I was not able to stream tonight and had no way of letting my streams know. However if I was able to playback VODs as a replay Stream from past streams it would help my viewers know and possible allow others to watch. If not, a Message notice board for members of a streamers page would be good! thanks and keep up the good work!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Autostreaming

It would be Nice If we have The option to toggle on/off The Streaming preview of The channels on The main menu. Isso live in Brazil and my internet connection is awful. Im watching Gamescon and had a Lot of trouble to start watching ... The app starts playing The highlighted channel automátic, when i select The channel The áudio of The preview keeps playing with The stream, wich by The way starts on 1080p , would be aewsome to have custom configs such as start always on 480p and dont preview automátic on The main menu

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. custom pause screens

What i would love to see is custom wallpapers when u pause ur stream instead of having the same as everyone else

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Can you guys add some kind day

Adding a lobby to add some cool information and customize a unique profile would be welcome without too much craziness. Also being able to control some quality settings while streaming with gamebar thanks
    And an option to play ads would be required for a competitive market

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Is there any chance to be able to add feature attachment for channel banner like simlar to twitch.

Adding Panel Banner Image
    Similar like Twitch

Attachment Button for Description sections

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Costream Chat Colours

CyborgJellyfish

The costream bots can be hard to differentiate between. Especially in a room full of moderators. From a streamers' angle, the wall of green names can get a bit tricky to read.

I would like to see a feature where bots like Scorpbot, HypeBot, etc which are used in multiple channels could have set colours. For example, the costream host could have a lighter green than is used for moderators? I don't know the best colour selection since colourblind accessibility obviously is an issue. Even being able to change the text colour of the costream bots' message itself would…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Steam Wishlist button

We have a Steam button along with other social media buttons, but could we please get a direct wishlist button as well?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Customization Templates

Streamers always want to design their mixer pages but they don't have the tech to download or create it from a computer to their console, for example on Splitdawigs Page he designed his page by using a drive to transfer his designs to his mixer, Mixer should add a templates design tab where you can customize the look of your stream page, title of your stream, and it can be for all streamers who have difficult times trying to find ways to design their Stream page, it can be available on Xbox, PC, PlayStation, etc!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Gender neutral channel rating alert

Change the popup alert for mature streams from:
    "StreamerName has marked his stream as 18+!"
    to
    "StreamerName has marked their stream as 18+!"

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bring Back the Old Method of Changing Stream Titles/Games or Something Similar

The new method requires you to go to the Manage you channel tab, change the game/title and then return to the stream. The only other way at this time is to use a chat bot. The old method allowed streamers to change the title/game without leaving the stream. Any method that allows a streamer to make these changes without changing the webpage or using a menu would work in my opinion. Be it a chat based command (with the ability to give mods permission to use it), It could be the old method of changing it on the stream page,…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base