Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. AVATAR

Ability to have square avatars as trying to get an image to fit the 512 by 512 can be annoying even using alpha layer and erasing background it is not a perfect fit. Can we at least bring flexibility to the avatar rather than forced circular dimensions.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Craft

For Channel titles we could do Crafting, or if possible; crocheting, knitting, cosplay, needlework, ECT.

When streaming I have to use art and it ends up being misleading to those who want drawing and such.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Automatic Stream Audience Changer

As many streamers play a variety of games ranging from all sorts of games I would love to see an option for Streams to have the ability to change Channel Audience (Family Friendly, Teen and 18+) based on the game being played. I as a Streamer do play games that can be Family Friendly but I don't always stream those types of games. Sometimes I stream Horror Games or just plain out Mature games not suitable for younger Viewers and I would love for a feature to be added so I would not have to change that each time I…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. add

Creating an Editor and a Universal Mod!

An Editor option for a caster to give to a close friend or someone that they can trust to assist them with there channel/streams and have access to update there game titles and a bit more.

A Univeral Beam Mod would help many casters both new and veteran streamers a like with new casters they can show them what Beam is capable to do and educate them the possibility extent of beam. As well as assist them and teaching them how to use and setup there profile and commands. They can go around…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add

How about creating a role that Streamers/Casters can give to there friend/Team member casters or real life friends, instead of having them mod them and having at times way to many mods in a stream. Only reason many caster mod friends is for respect/courtesy of another caster or friend and also to avoid having them be timeout by a mod that is unaware of them. So if a role can be given by the caster to who ever they like would be great could be a small symbol no need to have them in a different category or color role.…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Host and toggle controls back under the stream window

I much preferred the host and toggle controls under the stream window over where they are now under the social buttons.

Now that Legacy Beam is no more I would love to see those buttons moved back.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Have something similar to YouTube introduction videos for streamers

So it was particularly popular at one stage to find a somewhat pinned video on someone's YouTube channel (sometimes called introductory videos). It still occurs today but the nature of YouTube has resulted in people "pinning" a video with a lot of views, or they want to promote a video... Livestreaming however is different. If you limit the time for the intro video, people won't be able to upload a whole stream, they can upload a snippet of a stream, but that is their choice.

If it is to be used properly we could see videos with a physical introduction…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. how to see unfollwers on beam?

hello how to see unfollowers on beam? is it possible? i find nohting is e idea....

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Idea for streamer

How about for the streamer, give the streamer the option to not allow viewers who are in Lurk Mode to view stream/join chat?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The “A_String is off line” screen…Is there any way they could have it display an image of our choosing? As the Xbox crew can’t see the descr

The “A_String is off line” screen…Is there any way they could have it display an image of our choosing? As the Xbox crew can’t see the descriptions, I would LOVE to be able to have it read “A_String is currently of line, but will be back again soon!” and have my schedule under it so they known when I’m going to be online again.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Unfollow if banned

If a person is banned they should be automatically unfollowed from the channel so the follower count stays accurate.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Beam Stories

I think it would be a great idea if Beam has its own social area for channels! Where the streamer can post statuses onto their wall and other Beam Users can react and comment back!

Then on the homepage maybe add like a bar what updates to people you follow with like a green circle to notify you that the channel you are following has posted an update.

#BeamStories

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Xbox Logo and Mobile App Logo in Chat

Hi!

It would be cool if Xbox Viewers and Mobile App viewers had special symbols next to their name in chat. For example, Xbox Viewers have an Xbox logo beside their name and Mobile users have a cell phone beside their name so that streamers can better help them out or cater to their individual needs.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Request: OG Role

I was just thinking about the possibility of having some sort of 'OG' role for those who have supported Beam from the beginning, so the community can recognise them as being people who helped make Beam a thing

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. language of presentation of channel

Can we stream to a specific language audience ?

If so can we have the option to have multiple language channel presentations (the channel on the language we are presenting )

1 channel per language we want to stream to. Yes it takes more resources but it's personalized for the specific audience the streamer wants to stream to into their own language.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Alphabetical search on chanells

Can the search chanells option to be more alphabetical ? f.x now if you click AL... for ALFieu you get names that have it in the word and not at the start of the name . Can the search start with all chanells that start with A ( show list) after AL ( cut names that dont start with AL on that list) and so on ?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add sports game tag

Able to select a game listed as Sports, just to show general Sports events.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. More custumization

I am new to beam i like the community and i am thinking of switch over from twitch.

I think however that are to less possebillity's in channel art for a start i thought atleast you would have banner options but there is not. Also somethimg like twitch tabs would be nice especially as i can figure for the life of me out how to make my channel a bit nicer before i start.

Ofcours i am new and ill find out but still i thought i brought some of my thoughts to the table.

Have a great day and…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. channel offline, about streamer short video

when a stream is offline (and not hosting) play a short (5min or less) video about the channel/streamer (made by the streamer)

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. check on how long you followed a stream

i would like a way on how to check to see when you started to follow the streamer

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base