Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Analytics

While the analytics tab exists and I think it's a good start, I think it could be dramatically improved.

1. Analytics for your channel are provided only if you're on your channel in a web browser. Additionally, to see the analytics you must be streaming. In short, you're forcing a streamer to both watch their channel, all while trying to analyze the stream. If streamers are having problems with their channel and they're trying to decipher what is going wrong, or where the issues are coming from, watching your channel in the background to get the analytics in the foreground seems…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. YouTube Facebook

Post brodcasting games any time everyday

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Follow Button Cooldown (Reduce Empty Follows)

As we all know there has been an increase in the amount of followers that everyone has been gaining in the last month due the Xbox merge. Unfortunately, the vast majority of those followers are empty ones that never return. I was wondering If there could be an optional timer that could be added to the follow button which required a user to be in the stream/typing in chat for a certain amount of time before they were able to hit the Follow button.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Follow Emotes

i think mixer should make it so emotes are free to set on your channel, like you dont need to be partnered to have it, just when someone follows you, they get your channel emotes.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Prevent Mobile Redirect

Prevent automatic redirect from the mobile website, only to. The mobile website is simplistic and a great way to watch streamers without being distracted by chat.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. YouTube

Let's Face it Mixer, one of the reasons that PS4 Is Racking more sales than Xbox is because of the YouTube Stream Feature. So how about this: What if, While we are Streaming to Mixer, we can go to the Stream Settings, and are able to Press "Stream To YouTube". This Means that 1.) In Order to Stream To YouTube, it has to be done through Mixer itself, so you could add a Logo/Watermark of Mixer on Screen. 2.) This allows the Streamer to Grow more Audience, on Mixer and YouTube at the Same Time. 3.) Mixer Could Automatically "Copy…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Current Platform Selection

To complement the current game selection, a current platform could be added.

This would allow viewers to see what platform the streamer is currently playing their set game on.

This will reduce the number of questions in chat such as "xbox or pc" and generally reduce chat clutter.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. VIP Role

Streamers right now can only assign one role to individuals (mod) so if they want to keep special track of an individual they could use a new color to "VIP" someone. So that you can better communicate to the mods who is actually a mod instead of trying to have mods have to informally know who is an "actual mod" and who is an "honorary mod"

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Front page changes

One of the great things that brought me to mixer was that they treated smaller streamers the same as the bigger ones. However after the 'revamp of the front page I feel that this was lost drastically. I have been watching the front page for the last week and it has atleast 4 of the same streamers on it every single time. These are not your small streamers either big streamers.

I hate that it's turning like this cause for someone like me being a small streamer this brought me to mixer and feel it's changed directions.

I would love…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Custom channel background

please add the ability to upload custom channel backgrounds

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. sub and follow

There should be a Follow and SUB button to partners you feature in Chanelone, so the viewers could follow and sub to that partner straight from that page, the same when you host someone else there are those options on screen. thank you Mi><erLove

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Global Toggle - Hide Controls and Low Latency

Ability to have global toggle for both of those.
    After recent major update Hide Controls is put into last spot i would check, horrible design idea. And when its checked there is no way to bring those controls back without restarting whole thing.
    I dont know what exactly was idea with Low Latency option, but it doesnt work for me, at all. Absolutely every steam with this option on is in state of perpetual loading. Turn it off and everything works just fine(most of the time).
    So, id like to see an option, in account options, to toggle those two…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fixes to the Follower tab to better highlight hosted channels.

Please fix the hosted channels part of the Following tab.

Should say 'Hosted Channels' instead of 'Currently Offline'.

Should show the hosted live channel in the same way as the 'Streaming Now' channels appear but include a panel saying who out of the channels you follow are hosting them.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Schedule

Be able to post a schedule on your channel home page. Oh and have a channel home page :D

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Pop-up a "Family Friendly" notification on stream load.

Just like Mature channels have a pop-up when you join them, letting you know it's a mature stream, having an optional pop-up like this that tells new visitors "This is a Family Friendly stream", using green as the colors instead of orange.

It could be a check-box next to the Family Friendly/Mature drop-box, that is forced "on" if you select Mature.

This could be a good reminder for people to be mindful in chat, instead of me having to warn people when they come in and assume they can behave in a "mature" manner...

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Streamer Subscribable ban lists

Streamer Subscribable ban lists
    A eay for other casters to subscribe to a ban list of another channel, simmilar to "lists" on twitter.

Example: someone comes into a channel and starts posting bad links, ****, or inappropriate comments. The streamer bans them.

Streamer 2 subscribes to streamer 1's ban list, that person is now auto banned on their channel.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Xbox Logo and Mobile App Logo in Chat

Hi!

It would be cool if Xbox Viewers and Mobile App viewers had special symbols next to their name in chat. For example, Xbox Viewers have an Xbox logo beside their name and Mobile users have a cell phone beside their name so that streamers can better help them out or cater to their individual needs.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Animated Offline screens

Allowing streamers to select one of their VODs to play as an offline stream or allow them to upload a video that would play while the stream is offline.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Native sub/follow/host alerts

example given, "like TwitchAlerts" http://i.imgur.com/NJRoodc.png

Would need to be customizable, upload, move, resize images, add sound files, change fonts, etc.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Weekly or monthly analytic emails

It would be nice if we could get a weekly analytic email or even a monthly one.

To see channel followers within that time, growth, etc. It would make it a lot easier than having to use the analytics page for general information between selecting dates and such.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base