Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add "Days Remaining" to the username change field

You can only make changes to your username every 30 days. Fair enough, but when I wanted to change just the capitalization of my username (PRTech to PRTECH) I was told it couldn't be done and "Just a bit of advice if you plan to change something, please think it all the way through."

I asked if they could tell me how many days I had left until I could change it again, and support had no idea. Adding a countdown or something that says "X days remaining" would be a bigger help than your support was.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Search for Beam account by Xbox Gamertag

I would like to be able to supply a Gamertag to an endpoint on the Beam API and receive a linked Beam account as a response.

A linked Beam account can be found in the undocumented Xbox Live API, but only while a user is actively streaming. It's not the handiest of solutions.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add a Go to Your Channel Icon on the main menu pls.

There is no Go 2 your channel on the main menu and its annoying to go the name menu and then click on your name.
    It be handyer and easyer to add a simple Home button on the main menu of beam.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Save streaming

I would like to see the streams saved for watching back at a later date. I'm in an F1 league and we stream then the other players watch the stream back that would be a great addition. Save our streams? TED1ST.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. When a user gets banned and deleted from Beam. Could you make that so their webrowser refresh automatically so they cant continue to spam?

When a user gets banned and deleted from Beam. Could you make that so their webrowser refresh automatically so they cant continue to spam?

Just take a look on these Screenshots and you'll know what i mean

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Show channels you're a moderator in

Just to make things easier on the user, You should be able to go to your account and see what channels you're moderated in.. Because myself and other people have been added as mods in streams and have no notification/tracker to show which channel that happened to take place.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Premium from Streamer Subscription

It'd be great if subscribing to a streamer would give you few days of Premium since presumably Beam takes a cut from those subs. It'd be extra nice if they added up from multiple subscriptions.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Payment Options

I feel it would be beneficial for Beam users/streamers to be able to select/edit payment methods used for renewing subscriptions here on Beam instead of it being tied to just one method of payment.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. ADD Xbox app account intergration (Add to friends list)

When the xbox app gets developed/released, A feature should be intergrated so that if the user that you're watching is playing xbox you should be able to show there Linked Xbox ID so they can easily be added from the app without having to leave the app to add them.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 'Bulk' Subscription plan

Create a feature that allows a user to purchase a beam subscriber plan that will let them subscribe to multiple streamers at a discounted price!

IE: 'beam subscriber plan level 1' : 20USD : 5subs
    level 2: 40USD: 12 subs
    etc...

notes:
    -beam subscriber plan renewable every month, at same time (when purchased or when first channel subscription is used
    -plan renews at the same time reguardless of when a second sub was used (ie: if you use 2 subs on day 1, and use a 3rd on day 25, you would still have to renew all subs on the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to buy gift subscriptions

We should have the ability to buy a month to month gift subscriptions for other users, similar to the gift of pro for a month.

For example, I want to buy 1 month for a sub from gamewisp that cannot afford to buy on Beam this month for a recent partner. So I would like to pay for that for him. I currently cannot do that without signing into my paypal on his account. Now beam misses out on those funds.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add iDeal payment support

In the Netherlands, not much people have a credit card. The main payment method is iDeal (over 222 million payments with 17 million people in 2015). I have to use a thirty party if I want to make a payment to Beam, this is annoying and sometimes costs me money.

Is it possible to add iDeal as a payment method for the Dutch users in here?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Security Availability

I've seen that a couple people have had their accounts hacked and deleted. I know at least one of the few didn't have access to the 2 factor auth because they didn't have a smartphone to scan the QR code. Can you make it so that people can get the code texted to them without having to have a smart phone? Also, maybe make it so that when someone hits delete account they have to confirm it via an email? I just want to widen the range of security for people.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Accept Bitcoin as Payment Method

Accept Bitcoins as Payment Method

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. link to xbox live account

Like the title says, allow us to link our accounts to Console accounts like Xbox Live, or PlayStation Network so we can show our gamertag and activity feed on Beam from those console accounts.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please add a yearly sub for beam pro

Please add a yearly subscription option for beam pro

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Reset Zoom Button in Analytics should be moved.

Pretty simple really. The Reset Zoom Button in Analytics should be moved. It can block the numbers and I think it should simply just be moved under the graph as shown in the pictures below :)

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow 3 characters usernames

As a person with a 3 characters name, it would be nice to have the option.
    Why 4 allowed and not 3? plus for example, on Forums I was allowed to use my 3 characters name, so why not beam the streaming service?

Might seem a small issue but I would think that exposing my real name, would be better than making up a fake name that will not reflect who I really am, especially when I like my name and I like to put it on public whenever possible.
    Often other users take it, but I found it awkward…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. A block user button

A block butten or setting is need so users can block other users so that they can't interact with others or see their profiles

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Account Security Log

It should have things like logon history, logon ip, last channels visited, oauth stuff thats active, etc.

Basically this should be the page to go to if someone thinks their account is compromised

101 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We have this today for our administration team and will work to expand access to account owners to evaluate their own account activity for security in the future.

No current timeline on this feature, but absolutely something we want to do.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base